French Takeover: New Factory, Machinery, and a Change of Pace

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Change
In summary, A small company has been taken over by a French multinational company and they have plans for a new factory and advanced machinery. The speaker expresses concern about their future role in the company and mentions possible retirement. However, it seems that the French company is interested in distributing their products and there was some discussion in the past about the speaker teaching them their techniques. The speaker also jokes about the British way of doing things possibly shocking the French.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Our little company has been took over by the French, we are now a part of a multi national with plans for a massive new factory and state of the art machinery.
By heck i will be lost, i may have to retire my hammer and buy a tool kit.

Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
Our little company has been took over by the French, we are now a part of a multi national with plans for a massive new factory and state of the art machinery.
By heck i will be lost, i may have to retire my hammer and buy a tool kit.
I hope this is good news for you!

Evo said:
I hope this is good news for you!

It seems this is a go ahead company, to start with we are having a new factory built,
the aim being to be in production by april next year.

I guess you'll just have to make due with 30 hour work weeks and 5 cig breaks per hour.

Cyrus said:
I guess you'll just have to make due with 30 hour work weeks and 5 cig breaks per hour.

Do not forget the wine.

Is your hammer big and red, and has "OFF" printed on it white letters?

I thought you were taken over by the French last year? :confused: Or was that just a visit where they were trying to decide if they wanted to acquire your company? I remember some discussion about you going to France to teach them how you do what you do so well.

Moonbear said:
I thought you were taken over by the French last year? :confused: Or was that just a visit where they were trying to decide if they wanted to acquire your company? I remember some discussion about you going to France to teach them how you do what you do so well.

:smile: Taken over by the french... :smile: :cry:

Upon arrival the french company promply surrendered.

Last edited:
Cyrus said:

:smile: Nice Cyrus!

Cyrus said:
:

:smile:

Moonbear said:

I thought it was pie in the sky, this French company is huge, i could only wonder why they would want a tiddler like us, now i understand we will be distributing their products as well as our own.
I doubt we could teach these guys any thing, as i am sure the British make mend an do method would horrify them.

Cyrus said:

Watch out for the scrap trifle bombs you have been painted.

Related to French Takeover: New Factory, Machinery, and a Change of Pace

1. What is the purpose of the new factory and machinery in the French takeover?

The purpose of the new factory and machinery is to increase production and efficiency in the company. This allows for a larger output of goods and services, as well as a potential decrease in costs.

2. How will the change of pace affect the current employees?

The change of pace may require some adjustments for current employees, as they will have to adapt to new processes and procedures. However, it also presents opportunities for growth and development within the company.

3. Will the French takeover result in any job losses?

It is possible that there may be some job losses as a result of the French takeover, as the company may restructure and streamline its operations. However, there may also be new job opportunities created in the process.

4. How will the French takeover impact the company's financials?

The French takeover is expected to have a positive impact on the company's financials in the long run. The new factory and machinery will increase production and efficiency, potentially leading to higher profits and a stronger financial position.

5. Are there any potential challenges or risks associated with the French takeover?

As with any major change, there may be some challenges or risks associated with the French takeover. These could include issues with integrating the new machinery and processes, as well as cultural differences between the French and current employees. However, these challenges can be overcome with proper planning and communication.