Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

From killing equation to Lie algebra !

1. May 1, 2014 #1
    Hi,
    I want to know how can we arrive at the generators of Lie algebra if we have killing equation ?
    on the other words, In this attached image I want to know how can I arrive at communication relation (16) by starting from killing vector (14) and its constraint (15)?https://www.physicsforums.com/images/attach/jpg.gif [Broken]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. May 4, 2014 #2
    I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

4. May 5, 2014 #3

Matterwave

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you have the full set of killing vector fields, these vector fields (with constant coefficients) form a Lie algebra under the Lie bracket operation defined on the manifold...

You should be able to get the commutation relations just by taking lie brackets of the different killing vectors. Is this operation not working for you?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook