Fundamentals of physics extended 10th edition Halliday

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
DistortedWorld00
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Hello, what level of math should I have before learning this book?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Amos Dahm
Physics news on Phys.org
Basic algebra and little bit of calculus. It won't harm much if you don't know integration, just know differentiation.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DistortedWorld00
Buffu said:
Basic algebra and little bit of calculus. It won't harm much if you don't know integration, just know differentiation.

Hello, sir. Is the Calculus made easy by Thompson, a good calculus book for beginners like me?
 
DistortedWorld00 said:
Hello, sir. Is the Calculus made easy by Thompson, a good calculus book for beginners like me?

I don't know I did not use that book but I don't think you can go wrong with any book in learning basic calculus.
 
DistortedWorld00 said:
Hello, sir. Is the Calculus made easy by Thompson, a good calculus book for beginners like me?
Yes. It is a very good book. For your purpose, however, this may be a better book.
 
You should also know basic trigonometry. At least, you should be comfortable with the definitions of sine, cosine and tangent in terms of a right triangle.
 
jtbell said:
You should also know basic trigonometry. At least, you should be comfortable with the definitions of sine, cosine and tangent in terms of a right triangle.
Yup. Basically whatever is in this book