Funny phrases taken out of context

  • Thread starter Thread starter Artman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Funny
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
77 replies · 22K views
"Fishing for Martians with a swizzle stick?"

- yours truly (these things just slip out sometimes)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
"He'd rather play with his robot than have [relations] with me."
 
physics girl phd said:
"He'd rather play with his robot than have [relations] with me."
Huh? I can't imagine a context in which that would not make perfect sense.
 
I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind!
The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
 
"I suggest using a double fold so that one fold is beyond a control so that the control is visible, but when you get to the control swap to the fold before the control so that the original contol is still on the visible bit of the map."
 
"There are only about 20 murders a year in London and not all are serious"

Scotland yard (- is also a yard)
 
units and dimensions,

A milli Helen (mH) is the amount of beauty that can launch a single ship
 
Last edited:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you’ll join with me as we try to change it."
 
"Today's landing will be slightly more vertical than usual!"
 
"Lieutenant D'Sora just gave me what could be considered a very passionate kiss in the torpedo bay."
 
My first thought on seeing this thread was to take multiple quotes out of context. Something like this:

All your base are belong to us.
You're going to have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.