Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gaint Cursor in JavaScript, Framing Pandora (for visually impaired user)

1. Apr 4, 2010 #1
    My brother is low vision and I wanted to create a web page on our local computer that will use a large cursor in JavaScript (I've heard this is possible) while being a frame around the pandora radio website, to make is easier for him to see the cursor. Alas, most of my programming experience happens to be in C++, and I know little of Java. Does anyone happen to be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

Also, I know in windows it is possible to 'emulate' clicks by knowing the winproc handler (or something like that) for each object. Is it possible to do that for flash in a browser? Then, maybe I could create our OWN interface with much larger text than Pandora radio uses.
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 8, 2010 #2
    Ok... which cursor are you talking about? If you're talking about the one that comes up in the Flash window, JavaScript won't help. It also won't help if you mean the cursor in the address bar or search bar of the browser. In theory, you could affect any DHTML content, although you'd have to have it execute when the page was loaded, meaning you'd need to use something like GreaseMonkey (and a browser that supported it). But it looks like Pandora's pretty much just Flash.

Could you just lower the screen resolution, resulting in larger everything?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook