Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gas fittings: Chromatograph and Sputtering

  1. Feb 2, 2014 #1

    I'm attempting to restore my Plasma Sciences CrC-150 Sputtering system, and I'm having a terrible time working out the source gas fittings.
    Each is a brass compression fitting with a roughly 1/4" mean thread diameter.

    The last time I used this machine, a chemist helped me by assembling a 1/16" or 1/8" stainless steel tube with stainless steel nuts and graphite ferrules. At the time he said the components were normally used for his gas chromatograph.

    I'd greatly appreciate help identifying these parts as well as finding a reasonably priced gas dryer/purifier and associated adapters.

    Thanks in advance,

  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2014 #2
    Hah! It was a 1/8" swagelok tube fitting.
    Many thanks to a young man at Torr for getting me the answer.

    Stay Warm My Friends,

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook