What are your requirements for a revolutionary VUI?

• Thread starter Vivan Vatsa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ideas
In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's three years of research on virtual user interface and their desire for suggestions and requirements to make it easier to use. They mention companies like Oculus Rift and META Vision, who use devices like HUDs and head mounts to create a virtual environment. The speaker has a different idea of creating the environment without using these devices and is seeking suggestions. They also mention following the current Google convention and the potential for combining VUI with artificial intelligence.
Vivan Vatsa
Hello everyone, I am doing a research on virtual user interface for almost three years, have been successful in gathering as much information as I can for revolutionizing the computer Industry.
And now I want suggestion of what you want or what are your requirements for a Virtual user interface to be easy to use.
How the way you think, VUI will help you?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Vivan Vatsa said:
Hello everyone, I am doing a research on virtual user interface for almost three years, have been successful in gathering as much information as I can for revolutionizing the computer Industry.
And now I want suggestion of what you want or what are your requirements for a Virtual user interface to be easy to use.
How the way you think, VUI will help you?
Can you tell us about the existing VUIs and what their features are? There are a number of them that are being tested and deployed...

Likes Vivan Vatsa
berkeman said:
Can you tell us about the existing VUIs and what their features are? There are a number of them that are being tested and deployed...
Well companies like Oculus rift or mainly & trending META vision, these companies are working on augmented reality.
Actually these companies use many devices such as HUD, head mount, eye glasses etc. For creating a virtual environment. But my idea is little different. I want to create that environment but without using that devices.
So any great suggestions?

Vivan Vatsa said:
Actually these companies use many devices such as HUD, head mount, eye glasses etc. For creating a virtual environment. But my idea is little different. I want to create that environment but without using that devices.
How are you going to create a virtual environment without 3-D video of some sort? You can use 3-D displays instead of HUDs, but you still need something like the displays, no?

BTW, have you been following the current Google convention that is going on about this subject?

berkeman said:
How are you going to create a virtual environment without 3-D video of some sort? You can use 3-D displays instead of HUDs, but you still need something like the displays, no?

BTW, have you been following the current Google convention that is going on about this subject?
Well if you search for META, you will see that it uses a device operated environment. But Creating that virtual interface is a challenge.
But I am working on making that possible. I have some ideas, but don't have a base to start upon.
So will answer that question after my work is over.
Thanks.
If you have some idea, then your most welcome.

Yes I am following the current Google convention.
Though it has released some great products yesterday. They are more focusing on Artificial intelligence. They have to converge VUI with AI, then it will give a blast.

What is VUI?

VUI stands for Voice User Interface. It is a technology that allows users to interact with a computer or device through voice commands and responses.

Why is gathering ideas for VUI important?

Gathering ideas for VUI is important because it helps to ensure that the user's needs and preferences are considered when designing the interface. This can lead to a more intuitive and user-friendly experience for the user.

How do you gather ideas for VUI?

Some ways to gather ideas for VUI include conducting user research, analyzing user feedback, brainstorming with a team, and studying existing VUI systems. It is also important to consider the target audience and their specific needs and preferences.

What are some common challenges when gathering ideas for VUI?

Some common challenges when gathering ideas for VUI include understanding the limitations of current voice recognition technology, balancing the need for natural language with simplicity and clarity, and ensuring that the VUI aligns with the overall brand and user experience.

How can user testing be helpful in gathering ideas for VUI?

User testing can be helpful in gathering ideas for VUI by providing valuable feedback from real users. It can help identify areas for improvement, reveal potential pain points, and validate the effectiveness of the VUI design.