What is your favourite home router brand?

  • Thread starter Thread starter somega
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Home Router
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
somega
Messages
32
Reaction score
2
I am from Germany and have tried these router brands:
- AVM
- Telekom
- TP-Link
- Asus

I like AVM the most because it has a clean web interface with many functions and detailed information.

I wonder what router brands there are in your countries and what your favorite router brands are?

It would also be interesting what kind of connection you have (cable/glass fiber/DSL).

I have 50 MBit/s DSL.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Popular ones in the US include Netgear, D-Link, and Belkin (TP-Link and Asus also seem fairly common here).

I personally don't run any router with stock firmware; I flash mine with OpenWRT. I can usually get better performance out of any given hardware with it, plus it's open source so I don't have to worry about whether the manufacturer has put backdoors in the firmware.

I have cable internet but fiber optic (Verizon FIOS) is also fairly common in the US.