Gauge Theories in Particle Physics by Aitchison & Hey

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
5 replies · 3K views
Physics news on Phys.org
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: dextercioby, vanhees71 and Demystifier
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: vanhees71 and malawi_glenn
dextercioby said:
The QFT course at my university was (probably after 20 yrs still is) based on B&L.
We had Peskin and Schroeder...
But I bought Srednicki and Zee, and was recommended by another professor to look up B&L and Ramond!
After that, I tried to tackle Weinberg... have still not come far in those books :)
 
Zee makes you feel you grasp the material rather quickly, but it is, in my opinion, the first-time textbook. I own Srednicki, but I've never tried it, and there are so many recommendations about that book. I'm reading Peskin and Schroeder and the impression is it is very strong in allowing the reader to jump into the research literature immediately.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: vanhees71 and malawi_glenn