How does Aitchison & Hey's Gauge Theories compare to Peskin & Schroeder?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 4K views
particlesandpoems
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I'm talking about their two volume set titled "Gauge Theories in Particle Physics". Amazon links:

Volume 1

Volume 2

From looking at the books, it seems that the level is higher compared to Griffiths or Thomson. But, how does it compare to textbooks like Peskin & Schroeder or Schwartz?

What important topics(if any) would a field theory graduate student be missing if they studied out of Aitchison & Hey instead of say Peskin & Schroeder?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'd say they're roughly at the same level. What you miss out on depends on what you want to do with it. (I'm more familiar with P&S and Schwartz.) But looking at the content I'd say they're all good; just see which style suits you best.