General Forum-Chat About Anything

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    General
In summary: I need to get a metal detector. My dog (aka JOWLS OF DEATH) ate part of a coin collection and a very rare coin is missing now. I am hoping it is in the backyard somewhere and wasn't accidently swept up and thrown away. :frown:...rhubarb?It sounds like you have a lot of interests and hobbies, and it sounds like you miss spending time doing them. Maybe you could start a new hobby and share some pictures of it on here?
Tsunami said:
:rolleyes: :grumpy: I keep tellin' ya... Hartz Hairball Remedy. Our cats hardly EVER throw up anymore. (It's great not having to clean up cat puke.)
Unfortunately this isn't hairballs. :frown: My psycho cat Moose is afraid of the other cats, so if there are other cats around she eats really fast, then she usually upchucks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Janitor said:
I went through a couple of years of building rockets and rocket cars, around seventh and eighth grade. I still have some 8 mm film in the closet, showing the rocket cars zooming across some outdoor basketball courts.

I built this one rocket that had three rocket motors in one stage. On the first launch one of them ignited, but not the other two. Because of the asymmetric thrust, the thing flew an arc trajectory and hit the ground before the parachute came out. That meant the first launch was the last launch for that particular rocket. :cry:
How big were they? Do you still have the urge to build them? Or are you less fearless now?

one of the kittens pissed on my bed. I have my suspicions as to which one, but can't colaborate enough evidence before I put it on trial

You can't "colaborate" enough evidence?

ok, I am not so good with technical terms... jeez, when did everyone get so critical. One of the kittens also pissed on an armchair...a pattern is emerging.

Janitor said:
I went through a couple of years of building rockets and rocket cars, around seventh and eighth grade. I still have some 8 mm film in the closet, showing the rocket cars zooming across some outdoor basketball courts.

I think you might really enjoy this movie:

October Sky: Film Review di Guido Mezzabotta
Address:http://members.optushome.com.au/thesquiz/october.htm [Broken]
I had never heard of it, but picked it out at the video store because it looked interesting. I ended up feeling that I had really lucked out and picked up a good, unknown film by sheer accident. The fact it is a true story made it all the more engrossing.

Last edited by a moderator:
jimmy p said:
One of the kittens also pissed on an armchair...a pattern is emerging.

Yeah, it seems that one of the kittens doesn't seem to like you. What'd you do?

In answer to Evo, the rockets were simple cardboard tube & balsa wood things, weighing only ounces. The motors were rated by total impulse, lowest being called "A," and so on. I once ordered an "F" motor, but I got a letter from the company saying that the amount of powder in it made it illegal for them to ship through the mail, a fact they conveniently omitted from their catalogue. I don't have the urge to do that now; I guess I got it all out of my system back then.

To Zoobyshoe: I have actually heard of that movie, though I have never seen it.

im not too bothered... my bed but my dad's chair... What am i going to do?? remove its bladder.

jimmy p said:
What am i going to do?? remove its bladder.

Well, if all else fails.

You "heard" me...

Evo said:
Suicidal turtles?
Oh yeah. Anytime I even enter the room they start banging their heads against their cage walls and attempting to hang themselves from their little wooden houses that my dad and I built for them. That, and stepping on their own necks. You see, they both have very long necks, and they sleep with them fully stretched out, and then bent around in front of them. The problem is, they often have seemingly violent dreams in which they must do a great deal of stomping about and hissing at things. (That's right. They hiss, too.) Duing this constant process, they inexorably collide some part of their body with their necks, which of course remain wrapped halfway around their bodies the entire time. The living room in our house, where we keep them along with my two lizards, (Don't even get me started on them :rolleyes: ) is often a lively place with the turtles ever causing a great deal of ruckus.

Chaos. Disorder. Widespread panic. My work is done here.

Well i don't feel so bad now. One of the kittens crapped twice on my parents' bed and repeatedly soaked it with urine.

I got my comeuppence for laughing though, cos the little bastard pissed on my bed and crapped UNDER it.

Janitor said:
To Zoobyshoe: I have actually heard of that movie, though I have never seen it.
I think you would really enjoy it. I rented it from Blockuster. They probably have it at your neighborhood Blockbuster. Unless you don't have one in your neighborhood.

Zooby! Tell us the story of how you were able to escape from Hotel California :surprise: to your Zooby Brush Shelter!

I used to be a pyromaniac and got caught by police... :)

Tsunami said:
Zooby! Tell us the story of how you were able to escape from Hotel California :surprise: to your Zooby Brush Shelter!
Well, it was a curious thing. There was no escape, I was asked to leave. A first in Hotel California history, as I understand it. (I heard vague mutterings about "zoobie aroma", though. That may have figured in.)

WOW, man! I'm honored to know you! (i think) I'm sure the zooby* aroma was a contributing factor.

*note the spelling change. MY Zoobie (kitty) smells GOOD! :wink: BTW - your namesake says hello. :smile: She is the sweetest little kitten on the plant! I love her!

Tsunami said:
*note the spelling change.
Zooby is my name. Zoobie is what I am. "Zoobie Aroma" is possessed by all zoobies, not just me.
She is the sweetest little kitten on the plant!
She's on the plant?! What do you know! She's trying to build a zoobie brush shelter!

Oops. Sorry. Typo. That's PLANET! But you knew that... Yer just messin' with me. STOP IT! I'm easily messed with these days... Sleep deprivation, you know. Makes me VERY WEIRDER (a phrase from the Tsunami Dictionary of Weirdosities)... :surprise:

Well, heck, then. Don't waste your time online, get some sleep. I've been lucky. Sleeping really well and long lately.

Easier said than done. I'm off to work now. BYE! Sleep tight! :-)

In the spirit of the conversation thus far, I would like to add that if you should ever find yourself on a runaway camel, the trick is to pull firmly on one reign, forcing the camel to make a circle and eventually stop.

I have sources on this.

I have examined camels up close here at the zoo. They do not exhibit anything remotely resembling intelligence. I think they would just run around in that circle all day.

zoobyshoe said:
I have examined camels up close here at the zoo. They do not exhibit anything remotely resembling intelligence. I think they would just run around in that circle all day.

No, this information comes from a camel trainer. The camel will walk in smaller and smaller circles until it finally stops...at least long enough for one to jump off.

I don't joke about camels. :devil:

Do you know how to milk a billy goat?

Ivan Seeking said:
No, this information comes from a camel trainer. The camel will walk in smaller and smaller circles until it finally stops...at least long enough for one to jump off.

I don't joke about camels. :devil:
Yeah, I almost went into camel training. Talk about a hard major to get into. Everyone wanted into that field!

Ivan Seeking said:
Do you know how to milk a billy goat?
Yeah, but there's not much point in it. The transgender operation that is a prerequisite for such a thing is astronomically expensive. There is gene splicing involved. Too much trouble.

zoobyshoe said:
Yeah, I almost went into camel training.

Wow, me too.

Imagine the sight of a Zooby and a gray alien training a camel. Now you don't see that every day!

Actually here is the source: How to stop a runaway camel from Phillip Gee, a safari operator that leads nature tours by camel in Australia.

http://www.austcamel.com.au/explore.htm

Would you like to know how to crash land a plane on water?

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
Would you like to know how to crash land a plane on water?
Only by remote control.

Did you know that if you're going to jump from a moving train, you should always move to the last car before jumping?

zoobyshoe said:
Only by remote control.

It is most important that you land heading into the back side of the waves. Never land a plane in the water while heading into the face of the waves. You really should write that one down.

Almost forgot: When it comes to camels, you want to pull on the right reign. Also, eventually the camel will get tired and sit down. That's when you jump off.

do you have to go to the end of the camel to jump off?

jimmy p said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I love you Chopnik. :rofl: :rofl: You crack me up so BAD! :rofl: :rofl:

jimmy p said:

Yes, depending on the camels diet that day, jumping off the rear usually makes for a softer landing. :eek: