1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Relativity General Relativity by Hobson, Lasenby and Efstathiou

1. Strongly recommended

100.0%
  2. Lightly recommended

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neutral(just OK)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Lightly not recommended

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Strongly not recommended

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jul 24, 2016 #1
    Hello,
    Is the book General Relativity by Hobson, Lasenby and Efstathiou good in the sense that is intuitive on the mathematics AND physics that it presents? Please vote and if you could also comment your opinion it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 28, 2016 #2
    hasn't anybody used it?

4. Jul 31, 2016 #3

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Of course people have used it, but your post does't really invite helpful results. You neglect to tell us your background, or anything else for that matter. How are we then supposed to figure out whether this book is a good fit for you?

5. Jul 31, 2016 #4
    I am just asking for general opinions. If it's well-written, intuitive, gives good explanations etc.
    But if you need some background, I intend to enroll in my first GR course and I have the necessary background than an undergraduate student needs to tackle a first undergrad course in GR. I hope this helps and sorry if I was inaccurate.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted