Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Geometrical integral interpretation

1. Aug 28, 2013 #1
    Hi friends, i have i request for you. For my statics exam i need integrals and i found this page in russian, and can not find rest or even know how it's called because when i translate title i dont get any results. Can you please help me and tell me where can i find the rest. https://app.box.com/s/k9a15wb6bit4ezpp25r7 [Broken]

[Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 28, 2013 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

welcome to pf!

hi miloslavc! welcome to pf! :smile:

i don't recognise any of those results, but the formula might be a product of inertia (an off-diagonal component of a moment of inertia or moment of area tensor)

4. Aug 30, 2013 #3

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

IDK about the integrals being products of inertia, but the table represents the value of the integral of the products of two different distributions. Across the top, you have a triangular and a trapezoidal distribution, Mi. Down the left hand side, you start with a trapezoidal, triangular, then a constant distribution, Mk. The values within the table are for the integral of the combined distribution Mi*Mk.

I'm not sure, but I think such a table would be used in calculating things like area-moment diagrams. Instead of finding the product of the two distributions using point-by-point multiplication and then integrating, the table gives the value of a particular combination expressed in terms of quantities of the component distributions.

When the OP says 'For my statics exam, I need integrals.', what the heck does that mean?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook