1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Getting admission in Phd with a 3 year Bachelor Degrre?

1. Jul 17, 2014 #1
    Hi,

I am 27 years old. I have completed my B.Sc(Maths, Physics, Computer Science) in 2007. Immediately after that I have got job as a Software Engineer and worked for 2 years(2007-2009). But due to my interest in pursuing Masters in Physics. I have joined in M.Sc(Physics) in 2009 and in final semester of second year(2011), due to some social & my personal problems I was unable to attend the exams and left. so it became incomplete. And after that due to financial problems, I have joined in job again as Software Engineer and started working till now.

I would like to pursue my career back in Physics. I want do PhD. Is there any chance I can get admission in PhD programs anywhere? Please let me know!

Thank you Very Much!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 17, 2014 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I suppose a lot can depend on what you mean by a "three year bachelor's degree." In my experience a three year undergraduate degree is not sufficient for admission to graduate school. But if you mean you happened to do a four year degree in three years then it probably isn't an issue. You did manage to get into a master's program, so a PhD somewhere doesn't seem completely unrealistic - particularly if you were successful in the courses that you completed.

On the surface it would seem that your best option might be to return and complete the MSc.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook