Getting admission in Phd with a 3 year Bachelor Degrre?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
anandsingh
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am 27 years old. I have completed my B.Sc(Maths, Physics, Computer Science) in 2007. Immediately after that I have got job as a Software Engineer and worked for 2 years(2007-2009). But due to my interest in pursuing Masters in Physics. I have joined in M.Sc(Physics) in 2009 and in final semester of second year(2011), due to some social & my personal problems I was unable to attend the exams and left. so it became incomplete. And after that due to financial problems, I have joined in job again as Software Engineer and started working till now.

I would like to pursue my career back in Physics. I want do PhD. Is there any chance I can get admission in PhD programs anywhere? Please let me know!

Thank you Very Much!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I suppose a lot can depend on what you mean by a "three year bachelor's degree." In my experience a three year undergraduate degree is not sufficient for admission to graduate school. But if you mean you happened to do a four year degree in three years then it probably isn't an issue. You did manage to get into a master's program, so a PhD somewhere doesn't seem completely unrealistic - particularly if you were successful in the courses that you completed.

On the surface it would seem that your best option might be to return and complete the MSc.