Getting Physics Lectures on an iPod

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of downloading the Feynman lectures for free and in different formats such as video and mp3. The suggestion is made to search for websites that allow conversion of YouTube videos, and a link to the Feynman lectures website is provided. The conversation ends with a reminder to do a search first.
_Mayday_
Hey All,

Firstly, would anyone know if it is possible to download the Feynman lectures for free (Legally o:)) off the internet? If it available on the internet, would it be possible to get it in video and in mp3 format?

You may be asking, why isn't this in another section of the site? Well my next question is how do I get videos onto my ipod classic? I need a programme of some sort, are there any free ones avaliable on the internet for download? Or is there a programme that I may have to pay for? I want to be able to bring physics with me!

_Mayday_

Physics news on Phys.org
Many of the lectures are in this youtube playlist. There are websites that allow you to create video files of youtube files. Search for them.

_Mayday_ said:
Hey All,

Firstly, would anyone know if it is possible to download the Feynman lectures for free (Legally o:)) off the internet? If it available on the internet, would it be possible to get it in video and in mp3 format?

Did you do a search? If you did, this would have been the first one to come up:

http://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/
Zz.

1. What is the purpose of having physics lectures on an iPod?

The purpose of having physics lectures on an iPod is to provide a convenient and portable way for students to access lectures and review course material. It allows students to listen to lectures on-the-go, making it easier to fit studying into their busy schedules.

2. How can I download physics lectures onto my iPod?

There are a few different ways to download physics lectures onto your iPod. One option is to use iTunes to transfer audio files from your computer to your iPod. Another option is to use a podcasting app on your iPod to subscribe to and download lecture podcasts directly onto your device.

3. Are all physics lectures available to download on an iPod?

Not all physics lectures may be available to download on an iPod. It depends on the instructor or institution's policies and whether they choose to make their lectures available in an audio format. It's always best to check with your instructor or the course syllabus to see if lectures will be available for download.

4. Can I still take notes while listening to physics lectures on my iPod?

Yes, you can still take notes while listening to physics lectures on your iPod. It may be helpful to have a pen and paper or a note-taking app open on your device while listening. Some podcasting apps also have features that allow you to take notes or bookmark specific parts of a lecture for later review.

5. Are there any benefits to listening to physics lectures on an iPod versus in a traditional classroom setting?

Listening to physics lectures on an iPod offers some unique benefits compared to a traditional classroom setting. It allows for more flexibility in terms of when and where you can access the lectures, and you can pause or rewind as needed to fully understand the material. It also eliminates distractions from other students or the classroom environment. However, it may not be as interactive as a traditional classroom setting, so it's important to supplement with other study methods and resources.