God, you're dumb and you're a WHAT?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date

Pengwuino

Gold Member
Do you ever run into people during your studies or out in life who seem so unbelievably dumb and incompetant... and then you ask them what they do/are majoring in, and its like "Well i'm a doctor" or "I'm a civil engineer" or "I'm supervisor of the nth largest internet backbone"??? It's rather scary to think that you may be working in a building where the designer was an alcoholic partier during college and this just might be one of his first designs :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh:

The jobs that you go to as a trade school scare me the most.... and i'm talking about the people who weren't good enough for a real college... "Oh hey, I install gas lines under your house" or "I maintain 747's for the airliner you're about to hop on to". Kinda makes you wonder.....

"What type of job could an incompetent:person as yourself possibly have?"

"Im the safety technician at the local nuclear reactor"

O_____________________O

*moves far far away*

Pengwuino said:
Do you ever run into people during your studies or out in life who seem so unbelievably dumb and incompetant... and then you ask them what they do/are majoring in, and its like "Well i'm a doctor" or "I'm a civil engineer" or "I'm supervisor of the nth largest internet backbone"??? It's rather scary to think that you may be working in a building where the designer was an alcoholic partier during college and this just might be one of his first designs :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh:
The jobs that you go to as a trade school scare me the most.... and i'm talking about the people who weren't good enough for a real college... "Oh hey, I install gas lines under your house" or "I maintain 747's for the airliner you're about to hop on to". Kinda makes you wonder.....
Yeah that has definitely happened to me. It scares me when I think about how many idiots seem to be in engineering, or medicine or anything where there is any responsibility. Some people just aren't meant for that, I don't know how they make it through.

Oh, and I hope you weren't implying that only dumb people go to trade schools. Trades are a valuable part of society, just as much as any university degree. I apologize if you don't think that, I just hate it when people think they are better because they have a university degree, and that everything else is secondary to that.

Pengwuino

Gold Member
scorpa said:
Oh, and I hope you weren't implying that only dumb people go to trade schools. Trades are a valuable part of society, just as much as any university degree. I apologize if you don't think that, I just hate it when people think they are better because they have a university degree, and that everything else is secondary to that.
Oh of course not, hell some of the stuff they do is actually very intresting to me. Unfortunately, their near non-existant requirements and low-cost and flashy ad campaigns tend to draw the dumber crowds....

Pengwuino said:
Oh of course not, hell some of the stuff they do is actually very intresting to me. Unfortunately, their near non-existant requirements and low-cost and flashy ad campaigns tend to draw the dumber crowds....

Ok just making sure :smile:

moose said:
"What type of job could an incompetent:person as yourself possibly have?"

"Im the safety technician at the local nuclear reactor"

O_____________________O

*moves far far away*
That reminds me of Homer form the simpsons

Are we talking about the guy I went to high school with, that did LSD everyday for 3 years? And at our class reunion I found out he was a Nuro-surgeon? Yea I'd want him working on my brain! Hes in SoCal BTW.

Pengwuino said:
While the trade schools may draw "dumber" people, they still have to pass the courses which weeds the worst ones out, and they don't last in the trades very long if they're incompetent. Electricians, pipefitters, sheetrock guys, garage door installers, etc, all end up getting a huge amount of experience in their jobs and end up being able to do most of it in their sleep. The outfits they work for feed greater responsibility to them in small increments, and if they can't handle safety and proper proceedures, they get stuck in positions where they're always supervised and never make any important decisions. I am much, much less worried about the work done by people in the trades than I am by dumb doctors or engineers or computer programmers.

hypatia said:
Are we talking about the guy I went to high school with, that did LSD everyday for 3 years? And at our class reunion I found out he was a Nuro-surgeon? Yea I'd want him working on my brain! Hes in SoCal BTW.
That is somewhat scary.

Evo

Mentor
hypatia said:
Ack. You wonder how this happens.

Maybe like this!!

GET YOUR LEGAL COLLEGE DEGREE IN 5 DAYS!

Have you ever thought that the only thing stopping you from a great job and better pay was a few letters behind your name? Well now you can get them instantly and legally!

BA BSc BCom MA MBA PhD Degrees!

100% Approval! No Coursework! 100% Legal!

I think I will be a neuro surgeon next week. :tongue2:

http://theshopontop.com/collegedegreesnow/ [Broken]

These are Google ads, click at your own risk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pengwuino

Gold Member
I can't believe it Evo...

"I want to thank you for providing me with this impressive MBA degree and transcripts. This is an ideal way to acknowledge ones life experience and professional status. I highly recommend instantdegrees to anyone who has many years of work experience but lacks a traditional college degree. I now have clout and I'm ready to apply for senior management positions within
my company. Thank you very much."
:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Last edited:

JamesU

Gold Member
I'll graduate college tomorrow... :zzz:

Pengwuino

Gold Member
"I have never been offered as many loans by my bank as I have since beginning to use my Doctoral Title"
My god....

Evo

Mentor
Pengwuino said:
I can't believe it Evo...
:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:
Well, I'm also getting a PHD in experimental Physics so I can help out in the upper physics forums. Maybe next month I'll add a few more PHD's, any suggestions?

JamesU

Gold Member
"I use my Degree ( a Doctorate) as a dating ploy. I had good quality calling cards professionally printed and I always present them on being introduced to anyone. Often, I simply introduce myself to a lady I find attractive and offer the card saying that I would like to meet her for dinner at some future date, if she is amenable. More often than not, I receive a call."
And you can see how these people deserve to be doctors

Evo

Mentor
yomamma said:
And you can see how these people deserve to be doctors
Yomamma, you smooth devil, you can pretend to be a 13 year old prodigy.

JamesU

Gold Member
Thx evo :smile:

this message was not edited:uhh:

Last edited:

Evo

Mentor

Pengwuino

Gold Member
Yah I think im going to get a quadruple doctorate. Physics, Math, History.... maybe a little Mechanical Engineering..

Tide

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Well, that's at least as much training that Presidents get to qualify for having their finger on the nuke trigger ...! ;)

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo said:
Ack. You wonder how this happens.
Maybe like this!!
GET YOUR LEGAL COLLEGE DEGREE IN 5 DAYS!
Have you ever thought that the only thing stopping you from a great job and better pay was a few letters behind your name? Well now you can get them instantly and legally!
BA BSc BCom MA MBA PhD Degrees!
100% Approval! No Coursework! 100% Legal!
I think I will be a neuro surgeon next week. :tongue2:
http://theshopontop.com/collegedegreesnow/ [Broken]
These are Google ads, click at your own risk.
Evo,

Please do not make light of my dear alma mater.

Respectfully,

Dr. MIH

Last edited by a moderator:

Evo

Mentor
Math Is Hard said:
Evo,
Please do not make light of my dear alma mater.
Respectfully,
Dr. MIH
MUMs the word MIH. A fine school it is!!! I will be graduating with honors next Thursday, :approve:

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Wonderful news, Dr. Evo!! I'll see you at our reunion in the Virgin Islands.

Meanwhile, who's up for some elective cardiac or neurosurgery? I'm ready to get this show on the road!

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper
I can't believe this!! :surprised: , and here i am with 2 years and some months in college studying and 2 more years to graduate... I could have gotten my degree in 5 DAYS!! :approve: :rofl:

Pengwuino

Gold Member
Math Is Hard said:
Meanwhile, who's up for some elective cardiac or neurosurgery? I'm ready to get this show on the road!
I am! I need this brain transplanted into my head....

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving