1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good graduate computational physics programs?

1. Mar 12, 2006 #1
    Hi everyone!
    I'm currently searching for good graduate computational physics programs, so if anyone can name a few, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 1, 2009 #2
    I have the same question.

4. Jul 1, 2009 #3
    I'm a masters student in computational physics in canada. If you're looking for canada I could maybe toss out a few schools/profs.

P.S. quantum specialization or astro?

5. Jul 1, 2009 #4
    I'd prefer the US. Quantum probably.

6. Jul 1, 2009 #5
    Well I'm quantum but I can't say I know the U.S. really. Was too expensive to even really consider

7. Jul 2, 2009 #6

t!m

I would just suggest finding potential advisors who do computational research which interests you. There's a lot of different fields even within computational quantum physics (much electronic structure and simulation actually takes place in chemistry departments as well) so you're better off just finding people who you want to work with. There aren't many programs in the US that offer specialization in computational physics (USC's CACS is one of the few that comes to mind).

8. Jul 3, 2009 #7
    t!m brings up a good point. A lot of chem people do a lot of DFT stuff (density functional theory) which is very much computational physics so I wouldn't forget to peruse chem departments as well. Also, some schools will have computer science/applied math departments that will also do similar work.

9. Feb 2, 2010 #8

vpv

I don't know how old this thread is but can someone give me the Canadian universities that offer programs in Computational Physics or Computational Mathematics? Thank you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?