Good html website code templates?

• Thread starter rollcast
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Code Html
In summary: If it can't help, I suggest you should start rebuilding the site.In summary, the person is trying to fix their dad's website but the code is complicated and they don't have time to fix it. They are looking for a template with pre-coded alignments and page sizing, and someone suggests using a wiki software or trying FireBug before rebuilding the site.
rollcast
I'm trying to fix up my dads website but the old version seems to have been made using some sort of WYSIWYG editor so the code is completely senseless and complicated. So I think it would be quicker to start and just re make the website from the ground up but I haven't got the time to fiddle with all the alignments and page sizing so I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere I could get a template of a website that already has the coding for page sizing and alignments sorted?

Thanks
A.

Technology news on Phys.org
It's not an answer to your exact question but perhaps still helpful: What I did for my homepage is to install some wiki software (dokuwiki in my case, but the exact choice doesn't matter) and make the pages editable by no one except me.

rollcast said:
I'm trying to fix up my dads website but the old version seems to have been made using some sort of WYSIWYG editor so the code is completely senseless and complicated. So I think it would be quicker to start and just re make the website from the ground up but I haven't got the time to fiddle with all the alignments and page sizing so I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere I could get a template of a website that already has the coding for page sizing and alignments sorted?

Thanks
A.
As far as I know, there hasn't been any messy scripted web page that could run away from Firebug check. You can install the FireBug add-on in your firefox and let's see if it can help your problem first before recreating the whole site.

1. What are html website code templates?

HTML website code templates are pre-designed structures and layouts that can be used to create a website. They contain the basic HTML, CSS, and JavaScript code needed to build a functional website, and can save time and effort for developers.

2. How do I use a html website code template?

To use a html website code template, simply download the template file and open it in a text editor. You can then customize the code according to your needs and save it as a new HTML file. Some templates may also come with detailed instructions on how to use them.

3. Where can I find good html website code templates?

There are many websites that offer free and paid html website code templates. Some popular sources include HTML5 UP, Templated, and W3Layouts. You can also search for templates on code sharing platforms like GitHub or CodePen.

4. Can I edit the code of a html website code template?

Yes, you can edit the code of a html website code template to customize it according to your needs. However, it is important to have a basic understanding of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript in order to make changes without breaking the template's functionality.

5. Are html website code templates mobile-friendly?

It depends on the specific template you choose. Some html website code templates are designed to be responsive and adapt to different screen sizes, while others may not be optimized for mobile devices. It is important to check the template's features before using it to ensure it meets your needs.