Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good html website code templates?

1. May 9, 2012 #1
    I'm trying to fix up my dads website but the old version seems to have been made using some sort of WYSIWYG editor so the code is completely senseless and complicated. So I think it would be quicker to start and just re make the website from the ground up but I haven't got the time to fiddle with all the alignments and page sizing so I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere I could get a template of a website that already has the coding for page sizing and alignments sorted?

Thanks
    A.

2. jcsd
  3. May 10, 2012 #2
    It's not an answer to your exact question but perhaps still helpful: What I did for my homepage is to install some wiki software (dokuwiki in my case, but the exact choice doesn't matter) and make the pages editable by no one except me.

4. May 10, 2012 #3
    As far as I know, there hasn't been any messy scripted web page that could run away from Firebug check. You can install the FireBug add-on in your firefox and let's see if it can help your problem first before recreating the whole site.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook