1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good theory in number theory for deep understanding

1. Jul 20, 2012 #1
    Does anybody of a good book in number theory for deep understanding of concepts like kiselev in geometry and apostol in calculus ? I have 'introduction to theory of numbers' by I. Niven and H. S. Zuckerman but I feel it is not suitable for my purpose , there is no description of 'why we did this' in the book and in examples too the book does not encourage the reader to solve the problem on his/her own.
    All I mean by above is that although the questions' quality is good in the book but theory is not and I need a good theory book.
    So, if you know any book that can meet my purpose, share it here.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 20, 2012 #2
    Apostol's Number Theory book is a masterpiece ..
    The follow-up on Modular forms and Dirichlet series .. is also a masterpiece.
    Wakabaloola

4. Jul 20, 2012 #3

MathematicalPhysicist

Gold Member

Well there's the classic text by Ireland and Rosen, I think this book alongside Davenport's Multiplicative Number theory is a good start in theory respect.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook