Google Chrome + Slow Connection = Unresponsive PF

• Thread starter MarcoD
  • Start date
In summary, the person is experiencing issues with browsing the PF website using Google Chrome on a Mac with a slow connection due to the advertisements causing the connection to stall. They switched back to Safari and everything works fine. The server side has not changed, but the person has contacted the agencies about the slow ads. They also mention using Chrome with a fast connection and having no issues.
MarcoD
Just wanted to note that since a couple of days my preferred manner of browsing PF has gone the way of the dodo. I use Google Chrome on a Macintosh with a very slow (mobile dongle) connection. It looks to me the advertisements are stalling the connection up to the point that I can't browse anymore. I switched back to Safari and everything works fine.

Did anything change on the server side?

Physics news on Phys.org
MarcoD said:
Did anything change on the server side?

Nothing has changed. I agree some of the ads are slow. I have contacted the agencies about it. I use Chrome and PF is fast, but I also have a fast connection.

What is Google Chrome?

Google Chrome is a web browser developed by Google. It was first released in 2008 and is now one of the most popular browsers in the world, with over 60% market share.

What is a slow connection?

A slow connection refers to a network connection that has a low data transfer rate, making it difficult to load web pages and other online content quickly.

What does "unresponsive PF" mean?

"Unresponsive PF" refers to an unresponsive page or tab in Google Chrome, which means that the page or tab has stopped responding and is no longer functioning properly.

Why does Google Chrome become unresponsive with a slow connection?

Google Chrome can become unresponsive with a slow connection because it requires a stable and fast internet connection to load web pages and perform other tasks. When the connection is slow, the browser may struggle to load content, causing it to become unresponsive.

How can I fix Google Chrome becoming unresponsive with a slow connection?

To fix this issue, you can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, disabling any unnecessary extensions, or updating your browser to the latest version. You can also try using a different browser or improving your internet connection speed.