Google glass. What should I major in?

In summary, to work on similar projects to Google glass, a computer engineering/science or electrical engineering major with a focus on computer science courses would be most appropriate.
Hierophant
I like Google glass. What type of engineering major is most appropriate to get to work on similar type of projects?

My guess is computer engineering/science, what do you think?

Physics news on Phys.org
You want to to work at google? I guess a cs/electrical engineering major

Hierophant said:
I like Google glass. What type of engineering major is most appropriate to get to work on similar type of projects?

My guess is computer engineering/science, what do you think?

EE plus lots of CS classes. When I got my undergrad degree at UC Davis, it was called the ECE degree. Not sure what it's called now there or at your university.

1. What is Google Glass?

Google Glass is a wearable, hands-free computer that is worn like a pair of glasses. It was developed by Google and has the ability to display information in a smartphone-like format, as well as take photos and videos, send messages, and access the internet through voice commands.

2. How does Google Glass work?

Google Glass uses a small display screen and a camera to project information directly onto the user's field of vision. The device is controlled by voice commands and touchpad gestures on the side of the glasses. It also has a touch-sensitive frame which can be used for scrolling and tapping.

3. What are the potential applications of Google Glass?

Google Glass has a wide range of potential applications in various industries such as healthcare, education, gaming, and sports. For example, it can be used by surgeons to access patient information during surgery, or by teachers to enhance classroom learning through interactive content. It can also be used for navigation, translation, and augmented reality experiences.

4. What should I major in to work on Google Glass?

If you are interested in working on Google Glass, there are a few different majors that could be relevant. These include computer science, electrical engineering, human-computer interaction, and industrial design. It is important to have a strong background in technology and a creative mindset to work on projects like Google Glass.

5. What are the potential benefits and drawbacks of Google Glass?

The potential benefits of Google Glass include hands-free access to information, enhanced productivity, and improved accessibility for individuals with disabilities. However, some potential drawbacks include privacy concerns, social etiquette issues, and potential distractions. It is important for developers and users to consider these factors while using and designing for Google Glass.