Graduate School Application Results and Strategies - Fall 2008

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
92 replies · 22K views
eh,..., well, I don't know they emailed me at one point to say that I have been waitlisted for funding but then a couple of days latter I get postal mail saying I will not be offered support. So, at this point this is how I stand:

UIUC (admit w/o funding)
Tufts (admit w/o funding)
CUNY (admit, on funding wait list)
Duke (rejected)
UWash (rejected)

Haven't heard from:
Rice
USC
Wake Forest
Boston College

So, I am pretty sure everything is going to be up in the air for about 3-4 weeks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If you were from NY, going to CUNY without funding is not a big deal since it is pretty cheap but if you are not from NYC it is very expensive, i.e. paying for an apartment, and overall living expenses.

Did you ever hear back from Rice, USC, Wake or BC?
 
yeah, its like 10,000 a semester to go to CUNY. Luckily, I still have a shot since I am on the waitlist for support. Uh, Rice says they are only accepting 5-6 people?!? And, they said that it doesn't appear like I will be accepted. I messed up the application for USC. I put the wrong semester down on the application and it is too late to fix it. I am on the waitlist for both Wake and BC.