Graduate student in need of a mentor

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 2K views
Jrs580
Messages
20
Reaction score
4
Summary:: I have an advisor, but the working relationship is short of being productive.

I am searching for a place to go for general help, my field is experimental HEP physics. The things I need help span from random physics questions that I think about at night to pointing me in the right direction to find resources that will help me solve a problem. I want to become a well rounded researcher and do not feel like I am in a conducive atmosphere currently. Often times I get "stuck" and since my other colleagues are around the world (I work on the ATLAS experiment) at CERN, it takes almost a day to get small tidbits of advice.

If there is anyone here that is/and or was a part of ATLAS I could sure use the extra help! Let me know if you think this forum suits my needs.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The usual place for random quick questions would be colleagues in the same group. A bit more complicated in a pandemic but with increasing vaccination rates things return to normal slowly.