Grant Imahara of Myth Busters has Died at 49

• Thread starter jedishrfu
  • Start date
In summary: And it's even more tragic when it happens to someone as young and talented as Grant Imahara, who passed away at the age of 49 due to a brain aneurysm. In summary, the sudden death of Grant Imahara, former host of Mythbusters, at the age of 49 due to a brain aneurysm has left fans and colleagues in shock and mourning. He was known for his amazing robot projects and his love for science and technology. His passing serves as a reminder to cherish every moment and to be aware of the dangers of brain aneurysms.
Physics news on Phys.org
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wtf!?

brain aneurysm... way too young, tragic!

OMG! I was a huge fan of Mythbusters (including Grant himself). This is horrible!

And he's not much older than me! This is tragic.

A sobering reminder to cherish every moment. We could go at any moment without warning. :frown:

Likes StatGuy2000, jedishrfu, berkeman and 1 other person
Brain aneurysms are those silent killers that come upon you seemingly out of nowhere sometimes presaged with a thundering headache.

My aunt died of a brain aneurysm and her roommate said she was just drinking coffee looking normal and in a second collapsed and that was it.

• Wow
Likes davenn
One doctor explained it to me. A small blood vessel breaks and blood begins to flow into the surrounding brain tissue inflaming it. At the same time, This blood was supposed to oxygenate some other area of the brain and now it gets starved of oxygen.

• Informative
Likes StatGuy2000 and davenn
Another Grant Imahara video (s1 ep1) of a home of the future built in Austin Tx today (2018):

and a tribute talk with Adam Savage remembering Grant from ILM and from Mythbusters:

Last edited:
Likes StatGuy2000 and davenn
Some tributes videos on Grant on Youtube from Discovery Channel:

and from Grunge:

Greg Bernhardt said:
My aunt died of a brain aneurysm and her roommate said she was just drinking coffee looking normal and in a second collapsed and that was it.

My own aunt had also died of a brain aneurysm and I was told by my other aunt that she had collapsed as she finished getting dressed after she had finished washing up.

That's the thing about brain aneurysm -- it can happen suddenly and unexpectedly.

• Sad
Likes Greg Bernhardt

1. Who was Grant Imahara?

Grant Imahara was an electrical engineer and roboticist known for his work on the popular Discovery Channel show "MythBusters". He also worked on other science and engineering shows, such as "White Rabbit Project" and "BattleBots".

2. How did Grant Imahara die?

Grant Imahara passed away on July 13, 2020 at the age of 49 due to a brain aneurysm.

3. What were Grant Imahara's contributions to science?

Grant Imahara was a talented engineer and roboticist who used his skills to bring science and technology to a wider audience through his work on "MythBusters" and other shows. He also worked for Lucasfilm's THX and Industrial Light and Magic divisions, helping to create special effects for films like "Jurassic Park" and the "Star Wars" prequels.

4. How did Grant Imahara's death affect the science community?

Grant Imahara's death was a shock to the science community, as he was a beloved figure who inspired many with his passion for engineering and science. Many scientists and engineers have expressed their condolences and shared stories of how Imahara's work influenced their own careers.

5. What is Grant Imahara's legacy?

Grant Imahara's legacy is one of innovation, creativity, and inspiring others to pursue careers in science and engineering. He will be remembered as a talented engineer and a beloved television personality who brought science and technology to a wider audience through his entertaining and educational work.