1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Graphmatica and equations for a christmas tree

1. Oct 27, 2007 #1
    Hey does anyone know how to use graphmatica.

I need to create equations to make a christmas tree.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 28, 2007 #2

Gib Z

Homework Helper

Welcome to Physics Forums williamsk!

I do personally have graphmatica, although I can not think of anyway to plot a Christmas tree, and I'm almost certain any relation that would draw a Christmas tree would not work in graphmatica. Sorry :( If the equation doesnt matter as much as the shape, just plot in lots and lots of points to make the tree.

4. Oct 28, 2007 #3
    Thanks

Is their anyway of drawing lines after you have plot the points

5. Oct 28, 2007 #4

Gib Z

Homework Helper

Nope, usually when you plot some points the program can get a curve to somewhat fit the points, but a christmas tree will have lots of points on a vertical line, ie some x values will have many y values. Since this means that the curve is not a function, this severly restricts our ability to find a curve to fit the data. So basically, not :( But each point is represented by a fat circle, if you plotted enough it would look like a line.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?