Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gravity as a Zitterbewegung Interaction

1. Feb 17, 2007 #1
    I am reading a Cambridge Monographs on Mathematical Physics by Terry Gannon, ‘Moonshine beyond the Monster: The Bridge Connecting Algebra, Modular Forms and Physics’.

On page 236 “... Space-time is not the vector space R^4, but rather a nontrivial (curved) four-dimensional pseudo-Riemannian manifold. Gravity is the convergence or twisting of nearby geodesics; what we perceive as the elliptical revolution of the Earth about the Sun is merely the gentle entwining of the Earth’s geodesic with the Sun's (Fig 4.3) ...” [the Earth has a helical trajectory about the sun].

This is remarkably similar ‘The Kinematic Origin of Complex Wave Functions” by David Hestenes, abstract:
    “A reformulation of the Dirac theory reveals that i*h-bar has a geometric meaning relating it to electron spin. This provides the basis for a coherent physical interpretation of the Dirac and Schroedinger theories wherein the complex phase factor exp(-i*psi/h-bar) in the wave function describes electron zitterbewegung, a localized circular motion [“helical trajectory”, p6] generating the electron spin and magnetic moment. Zitterbewegung interactions also generate resonances which may explain quantization, diffraction, and the Pauli principle.”

This seems to suggest that gravity may be surprisingly similar in function to electromagnetism, although at a much different scale or gauge.

This appears to suggest a zitterbewegung relationship between the Earth and Sun with respect to gravity,
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2011 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You might enjoy my analysis of zitterbewegung in an accelerated frame (which is equivalent to a gravitational field):

Zitterbewegung, Acceleration, and Gravity

Note: the latter part of the paper goes a bit off the deep end, but the zitterbewegung and acceleration calculations are straightforward.
  4. Feb 9, 2011 #3
    I think, I have similar idea to Brannenworks of CarlB. I am learning about Holographic Principle and in a stronger version it creates a Holographic Universe. The space (vacuum) is created by interfering non-local Compton waves of the particles. Therefore the density of the interferences (vacuum) is higher close to massive object.
    Graviton is just a simple difference in the density of the interference (vacuum).

De Broglie and Schrodinger were puzzled that the electrons oscillate and behave exactly as if they have a particular size called the “Compton wavelength”. Due to proposition of Haish and Rueda this oscillation has an extrinsic origin. An electron jitters not by themselves but because it absorbs and emits an information from and into the vacuum. In effect , this smears out the electron , making it appear as big as the Compton wavelength.
    Haish and Rueda assume that this trembling motion due to interaction with the vacuum environment occurs at a special “resonant” frequency and time according to Compton wavelength.
    If a particle absorbs more information from the vacuum than emits it is accelerating toward the source of the information (“denser vacuum”). The massive object creates the vacuum around due to the Compton wavelength of its rest mass particles. If the emission is faster than the absorption the particle decelerates then (Davies-Unruh effect).

Each interference of the Quantum Information encodes the Planck time dilation and when we integrate these time dilations we get General Relativity.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?