Gravity Leaking = Dark energy increasing

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of cosmology and the phenomenon of gravity leaking. The speaker is new to this subject and has limited knowledge, but believes that this leakage may be related to the expanding universe and the increase in dark energy. They also mention the concept of parallel universes and question if gravity may be stronger in another universe. However, the other person in the conversation explains that there is no direct connection between gravity leaking and the accelerated expansion of the universe, and that this concept is based on specific mathematical conditions.
AnTiGrAvItY
Hello everybody, I am new to this forum and cosmology in general.

My knowledge about cosmology and astro-physics is rudimentary :shy: so guys cut me some slack.

From the limited information I know , I feel that phenomenon of gravity leaking might be related to the phenomenon of the expanding universe i.e Increase in dark energy.

As the laws of Thermodynamics state that energy can neither be created nor destroyed , it can be converted into one form or the other and the total amount of energy in A universe always remains constant, combined with the fact that several scientists believe in the existence of parallel universes, can it be that since gravity in our universe is leaking ( or in my understanding getting weaker) that in an another parallel universe, gravity might be getting stronger or dark energy might be decreasing?

So guys am i interpreting this correctly or even asking the right questions or am i totally offbase?

Space news on Phys.org
AnTiGrAvItY said:
From the limited information I know , I feel that phenomenon of gravity leaking might be related to the phenomenon of the expanding universe i.e Increase in dark energy.

I have a feeling it's the latter, I'm afraid. I've never heard of gravity leaking, and you can have an expanding universe without dark energy.

There is no inmediate - or intuitive - link between leaking of gravity and accelerated expansion. Leaking of gravity will arise in models of a 3D-brane embedded in 5D spacetime, with afaik some general assumptions about the quantum behavior of gravity. However, for cosmological models derived from those models, there are several mathematical conditions that must met in order to have accelerated expansion - that basically depend on how the 3D brane is embedded in 5D spacetime, the relation between Planck scales on 4 and 5 spacetime dimensions, and the late-time Hubble parameter. See for example hep-th/0010186.

1. What is gravity leaking?

Gravity leaking refers to the theory that gravity, which is the force that attracts objects towards each other, may not be constant throughout the universe. It suggests that gravity may be "leaking" or getting weaker over time, leading to the expansion of the universe.

2. How does gravity leaking relate to dark energy increasing?

The concept of gravity leaking is closely tied to the theory of dark energy, which is believed to be the driving force behind the accelerated expansion of the universe. As gravity weakens, dark energy increases, causing the expansion of the universe to accelerate at a faster rate.

3. Is there evidence to support the idea of gravity leaking?

Currently, there is no conclusive evidence to support the theory of gravity leaking. However, some observations of the universe's expansion and the behavior of galaxies do suggest that gravity may be weaker in certain regions, leading to the idea of gravity leaking.

4. How does gravity leaking affect our understanding of the universe?

If gravity leaking is proven to be true, it would significantly change our understanding of the universe and its evolution. It would require a reevaluation of the laws of physics and the role of gravity in shaping the universe's structure and behavior.

5. Can gravity leaking be stopped or reversed?

At this point, there is no known way to stop or reverse gravity leaking. It is a natural phenomenon that is believed to be a result of the expansion of the universe and the influence of dark energy. However, further research and advancements in technology may provide a better understanding of this concept and potential ways to mitigate its effects.