GRE Math Subject Test summer study group Milwaukee area

In summary, there is a request for interest in a GRE Math Subject Test study group in the Milwaukee area that would meet up to 3 times per week, with a suggestion to post the request at local universities.
chimath35
Is anyone interested in a GRE Math Subject Test study group in the Milwaukee area that meets up to 3 times or so per week?

Physics news on Phys.org
chimath35 said:
Is anyone interested in a GRE Math Subject Test study group in the Milwaukee area that meets up to 3 times or so per week?

You would probably have better luck posting your request at your university -- that will get you responses from your local area. Does your university's Math department have a billboard or something similar for student requests?

Thanks. I thought about that and I probably will post at a couple universities in the area.

1. What is the GRE Math Subject Test?

The GRE Math Subject Test is a standardized test that measures a student's knowledge and understanding of mathematics at the undergraduate level. It is often required for admission to graduate programs in mathematics, science, and engineering.

2. What is the purpose of a summer study group for the GRE Math Subject Test?

The purpose of a summer study group is to provide a structured and supportive environment for students to review and practice the material covered on the GRE Math Subject Test. It allows students to collaborate with peers, ask questions, and receive feedback from experienced instructors.

3. Why should I join a study group instead of studying on my own?

Joining a study group can be beneficial because it provides a sense of accountability and motivation to stay on track with studying. Additionally, studying with others can help identify and fill in any knowledge gaps, as well as provide different perspectives and study techniques.

4. Is the GRE Math Subject Test summer study group in the Milwaukee area open to all levels of math proficiency?

Yes, the study group is open to all levels of math proficiency. The group is designed to cater to the needs of students at all levels, and the material covered will be tailored to the group's overall proficiency.

5. How can I join the GRE Math Subject Test summer study group in the Milwaukee area?

You can join the study group by contacting the organizer or instructor and expressing your interest. They will provide you with more information on the schedule, location, and any materials needed for the group. Some study groups may also have an online registration process.