GRE Math Subject Test study suggestions

I am looking for suggestions pertaining to preparation for the GRE Math Subject Test. I plan to take it around fall semester. Which text preparation books are the best?

Answers and Replies

WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
Another idea: do a search for Math subject tests, ETS has a page with an actual exam.

Thanks, I have looked over that. Have you taken the test?

Thanks, I have looked over that. Have you taken the test?
I did, but it was a long time ago. I didn't do any studying for the GRE beforehand.

I did, but it was a long time ago. I didn't do any studying for the GRE beforehand.
Anything you want to share pertaining to your score and undergrad studies would be appreciated.

WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
No, but I am preparing for it. Go to your local B&N and check out the testing section. I will head there tonight and will let you know.

Anything you want to share pertaining to your score and undergrad studies would be appreciated.
In those days (1974) there were only two parts of the regular GRE - Verbal and Quantitative. I did well enough on those to join MENSA (which I didn't do). For the Math Advanced Test, I got 750.

My undergrad degree was in Mathematics, which I received a few months after I took the GRE.

No, but I am preparing for it. Go to your local B&N and check out the testing section. I will head there tonight and will let you know.
Thanks, sounds good.

In those days (1974) there were only two parts of the regular GRE - Verbal and Quantitative. I did well enough on those to join MENSA (which I didn't do). For the Math Advanced Test, I got 750.

My undergrad degree was in Mathematics, which I received a few months after I took the GRE.
Nice, thank you.