1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

GRE Math Subject Test study suggestions

1. Apr 18, 2015 #1
    I am looking for suggestions pertaining to preparation for the GRE Math Subject Test. I plan to take it around fall semester. Which text preparation books are the best?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 18, 2015 #2

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Another idea: do a search for Math subject tests, ETS has a page with an actual exam.

4. Apr 18, 2015 #3
    Thanks, I have looked over that. Have you taken the test?

5. Apr 18, 2015 #4

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

I did, but it was a long time ago. I didn't do any studying for the GRE beforehand.

6. Apr 18, 2015 #5
    Anything you want to share pertaining to your score and undergrad studies would be appreciated.

7. Apr 18, 2015 #6

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No, but I am preparing for it. Go to your local B&N and check out the testing section. I will head there tonight and will let you know.

8. Apr 18, 2015 #7

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

In those days (1974) there were only two parts of the regular GRE - Verbal and Quantitative. I did well enough on those to join MENSA (which I didn't do). For the Math Advanced Test, I got 750.

My undergrad degree was in Mathematics, which I received a few months after I took the GRE.

9. Apr 18, 2015 #8
    Thanks, sounds good.

10. Apr 18, 2015 #9
    Nice, thank you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook