Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Greetings, fellow scientists and engineers!

1. Jan 19, 2010 #1
    I've decided to register after a few visits to this wonderful site. I recently have returned to school (took me 10 years to figure out what I wanted to do:redface:) for undergraduate studies in Electrical Engineering and/or Applied Mathematics.

The members of this forum seem to be extremely helpful, and I hope to contribute as I learn. I am very excited to have found such a wonderful community with whom I can share my passion(s)!!:biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2010 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome to PF, Lateralus, I hope you enjoy it here!

4. Jan 19, 2010 #3
    Welcome fellow newcomer!

Jump into the soup!

5. Jan 19, 2010 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

What's your favorite fish Lateralus? o:)

6. Jan 19, 2010 #5
    What an interesting question!

For my money, I don't know that it gets any better than a good seared ahi (sesame crust) on top of some mixed greens - white rice one the side. :smile:

7. Jan 19, 2010 #6

Evo

Ooh that does sound good. Doesn't get you out of the PF fish whacking initiation though. :biggrin:

fishslaprk7.gif

8. Jan 19, 2010 #7
    Hmm I believe the question was never answered. So let's say the favorite fish is probably the Tylochromis lateralis

Tylat_u0.jpg

9. Jan 19, 2010 #8
    Evo, have you every played Ultimate Fishbee? I think you might like it.

10. Jan 19, 2010 #9
    :rofl: I should not have picked such a massive fish!

Much less painful than the Ahi tuna, I'd imagine. Excellent name as well! :approve:

11. Jan 19, 2010 #10

drizzle

Gold Member

Hahaahaaaaaaaaa, I like that one! Soon enough Lateralus.'ll be whacking new PFers with fishes :biggrin:>>>>>>>>>> Welcome to PF :)

Lucky me, I haven't been whacked by one! Hmmmm, I wonder why?

12. Jan 19, 2010 #11

ideasrule

Homework Helper

Welcome Lateralus! Also, welcome Average Joe!

13. Jan 19, 2010 #12
    I believe this procedure is exclusive to the PF Sisterhood, if my research is correct. I wasn't sure what was going on until I viewed AverageJoe's thread and found some subtle clues.

14. Jan 19, 2010 #13

ideasrule

Homework Helper

How do you know we actually have a PF Sisterhood? :biggrin:

15. Jan 19, 2010 #14
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  16. Jan 19, 2010 #15

Evo

I am the ring leader.

New sisters added since your well researched thread are Lisab, GeorginaS, Drizzle, mcknia, ~christina~ & physicsgirlPHD, that I can remember off hand, although the shoe sizes of some have not yet been verified (exceptions have been made), the original sisters all wore a size 8 shoe except Tsu.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  17. Jan 20, 2010 #16
    Interesting!

Is shoe size the primary qualifying characteristic for admission? What is the Sisterhood's purpose?

Maybe I am stepping into classified information. I am half-expecting to receive the "I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you" line. :rofl:

At any rate, thanks for the warm welcome! :smile:

18. Jan 20, 2010 #17
    here's a good album:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0f/Tool-lateralus-album.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook