Greetings, fellow scientists and engineers!

• Thread starter Lateralus.
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I've decided to register after a few visits to this wonderful site. I recently have returned to school (took me 10 years to figure out what I wanted to do:redface:) for undergraduate studies in Electrical Engineering and/or Applied Mathematics.

The members of this forum seem to be extremely helpful, and I hope to contribute as I learn. I am very excited to have found such a wonderful community with whom I can share my passion(s)!!:biggrin:

Answers and Replies

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Welcome to PF, Lateralus, I hope you enjoy it here!

Welcome fellow newcomer!

Jump into the soup!

Evo
Mentor
What's your favorite fish Lateralus? o:)

What's your favorite fish Lateralus? o:)
What an interesting question!

For my money, I don't know that it gets any better than a good seared ahi (sesame crust) on top of some mixed greens - white rice one the side. :smile:

Evo
Mentor
What an interesting question!

For my money, I don't know that it gets any better than a good seared ahi (sesame crust) on top of some mixed greens - white rice one the side. :smile:
Ooh that does sound good. Doesn't get you out of the PF fish whacking initiation though. :biggrin:

fishslaprk7.gif

Hmm I believe the question was never answered. So let's say the favorite fish is probably the Tylochromis lateralis

Tylat_u0.jpg

Ooh that does sound good. Doesn't get you out of the PF fish whacking initiation though. :biggrin:

fishslaprk7.gif
Evo, have you every played Ultimate Fishbee? I think you might like it.

fishslaprk7.gif
:rofl: I should not have picked such a massive fish!

Hmm I believe the question was never answered. So let's say the favorite fish is probably the Tylochromis lateralis

Tylat_u0.jpg
Much less painful than the Ahi tuna, I'd imagine. Excellent name as well! :approve:

drizzle
Gold Member

fishslaprk7.gif
Hahaahaaaaaaaaa, I like that one! Soon enough Lateralus.'ll be whacking new PFers with fishes :biggrin:>>>>>>>>>> Welcome to PF :)

Lucky me, I haven't been whacked by one! Hmmmm, I wonder why?

ideasrule
Homework Helper
Welcome Lateralus! Also, welcome Average Joe!

Hahaahaaaaaaaaa, I like that one! Soon enough Lateralus.'ll be whacking new PFers with fishes :biggrin:>>>>>>>>>> Welcome to PF :)

Lucky me, I haven't been whacked by one! Hmmmm, I wonder why?
I believe this procedure is exclusive to the PF Sisterhood, if my research is correct. I wasn't sure what was going on until I viewed AverageJoe's thread and found some subtle clues.

ideasrule
Homework Helper
I believe this procedure is exclusive to the PF Sisterhood, if my research is correct.
How do you know we actually have a PF Sisterhood? :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo
Mentor
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=2538454&postcount=15

The above post inspired me to do a site search of this forum, with the term 'Sisterhood', using google. Although most of the posts mentioning the Sisterhood were fairly old, I did not see any information about it no longer being around, only that it was https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=122526". I would guess that Evo is/was a member?
I am the ring leader.

New sisters added since your well researched thread are Lisab, GeorginaS, Drizzle, mcknia, ~christina~ & physicsgirlPHD, that I can remember off hand, although the shoe sizes of some have not yet been verified (exceptions have been made), the original sisters all wore a size 8 shoe except Tsu.

I am the ring leader.

New sisters added since your well researched thread are Lisab, GeorginaS, Drizzle, mcknia, ~christina~ & physicsgirlPHD, that I can remember off hand, although the shoe sizes of some have not yet been verified (exceptions have been made), the original sisters all wore a size 8 shoe except Tsu.
Interesting!

Is shoe size the primary qualifying characteristic for admission? What is the Sisterhood's purpose?

Maybe I am stepping into classified information. I am half-expecting to receive the "I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you" line. :rofl:

At any rate, thanks for the warm welcome! :smile:

here's a good album:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0f/Tool-lateralus-album.jpg [Broken]