Greg - has the PF been Pandalized?

1. Borek

Staff: Mentor

I have been hit - my traffic is about 40% down :grumpy:

We have already prepaid part of the Summer vacations, and part of my income is Google dependent, no idea how much I will make in April/May/June - future looks blurred at the moment.

2. jcsd
  3. Question mark ?

4. Borek

Google traffic, Panda is a codename of the latest Google code upgrade that was rolled out about a week ago and substantially changed search results. "Pandalized" is a word play.

5. Thanks, I had no idea what you were talking about.

6. G01

G01 2,687
    Homework Helper

How does Panda change the results? Does it tend to obscure smaller webpages?

7. Greg Bernhardt

Staff: Admin

Hard to say at the moment how PF is affected by Panda. Weekends are always slow. Over the past decade though PF has remained strong over all the google updates. I know google has been very aggressive towards content farms. I hope google doesn't see use as one.

8. Astronuc

Content farms?

9. Greg Bernhardt

10. Borek

I am 40% down over the whole week (excluding Sunday, but Sundays is a part of a weekend, weekends are slow, so Sunday won't change much).

I have not yet checked details about different sites (I have several), but it looks like all have been affected. Hardly surprising - they were built with similar templates.

What is irritating is the fact that I followed what google always promoted - not to "overseoize", good, original, interlinked content prepared for users, not for search engines (well, I did some small white hat tricks, but nothing blatant). It worked for almost 6 years.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  11. Greg Bernhardt

Comparing this week to last week our stats are normal. Wonder why you go hit :(

12. jtbell

13. Evo

Over the past few weeks whenever I google something the top 10 are yahoo answers (nothing but idiotic remarks), wiki answers (more people giving answers that have no clue), e-how (same as above) it's made finding real information very difficult.

14. Greg Bernhardt

Forums have generally been viewed in the same realm of sites for poor quality content which is why I am always concerned.

15. Didn't have my glasses on because they have been hurting. I opened this thread thinking it read:
    Greg... something, something, PF has been canonized. :biggrin: Well, I thought, that was quick.

16. jhae2.718

jhae2.718 1,160
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook