Ground state wave function for H=(1/2)p²+(1/24)λ(x²-v²)²

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
LAHLH
Messages
405
Reaction score
2
Hi,

If I have the Hamiltonian: [itex]H=(1/2)p^2+(1/24)\lambda(x^2-v^2)^2[/itex] what is the best way to find the ground state wave functions [itex]\psi(x)[/itex]. I was thinking this sort of looks like the harmonic osscilator, so maybe a clever change of variables could do the trick? or some form of perturbation perspective?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
LAHLH said:
Hi,

If I have the Hamiltonian: [itex]H=(1/2)p^2+(1/24)\lambda(x^2-v^2)^2[/itex] what is the best way to find the ground state wave functions [itex]\psi(x)[/itex]. I was thinking this sort of looks like the harmonic osscilator, so maybe a clever change of variables could do the trick? or some form of perturbation perspective?
Enter the key words
high order expansion anharmonic oscillator
into http://scholar.google.com to get a lot of references.