1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Guidance for someone with a B.A. in Physics

1. Apr 26, 2012 #1
    I received a B.A. in Physics which was essentially pre-engineering. I then went on to study Chemical Engineering. During my first semester I realized that the engineering world was absolutely not for me. I absolutely love Physics however and thought of pursuing more physics education. I ruled out getting a Masters because many professors that I spoke with explained to me that a Masters in Physics is useless and to definitely get a PhD instead. I have also ruled out a Physics PhD for many reasons - the time it takes to get one, the rate at which physics departments are closing around the world, the price, not wanting to be a teacher, etc.

It is most likely that I am going to entirely switch up what I am doing and enter health care or something entirely different. However, I would just like to know - is there ANY job that I can get with just a B.A. in Physics? I have a 3.99 GPA and was awarded outstanding senior man during undergraduate.

Thank you for your time and help.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2012 #2
    A M.S. in Physics isn't that useless, depending on what you're studying. If you're studying theoretical astrophysics, then that's probably not what employers are looking for. If you're studying semiconductor processing, then that's quite a bit different.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook