1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Guys I need some pros help here thx

1. Nov 18, 2005 #1
    Guys I need some pros help here thx....

Hello everyone.. let me introduce myself first... im currently a Computer Science student and was doing a final year project on a program on "wormhole prediction". Basically idea is to let user(ofcourse professional user on physic) enter raw data and caculates its condition and matchs the theory on schwarzschild blackhole associated wormhole on the very first phase, there will be enchancement on the program in the future.
    and of course im a noob on advance physic so if there is any stupid question from me pls do not get angry thank you very much.
    PS:all my question is base on schwarzschild blackhole.

my question starts with
    1. "what raw data is use in determine a blackhole existence?"
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2005 #2

James R

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The properties of a black hole are determined entirely by its mass, its electric charge, and its angular momentum.
  4. Dec 8, 2005 #3
    sorry to reply late, and is that mean to determine a black hole exist or not is based on mass, electric charges and angular momentum
    for example mass that too small will not contribute in forming a black hole,
    not enough of electric charges and also angular momentum will mean a black hole doesnt exist?
    is there any specific electric charges that u mean?
  5. Dec 20, 2005 #4
    guys.....anyone pls.....

any1 here can pls help me with my question???...thanks alot....
    and sorry if i ask any stupid question
  6. Dec 20, 2005 #5

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You say that it's going to be a Professional user who knows a lot of Physics to just use the program.

Obviously, you are not a "Professional" at Physics, but you recommend someone who is a "Pro" to use the program. So, why do you assume that you make the program, yet at the same time, not be "Pro" enough to use it?

Anyways, I'd recommend searching around on google.ca. You'll find a concrete formula, and it's nothing special really. Any "noob" can use it.
  7. Dec 20, 2005 #6

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's not a stupid question, and no one is going to get angry, but I think that your task is far too great to resolve in the PF Homework Help section. It would require that one or more of our Homework Helpers actually teach you enough General Relativity to get your problem solved. I think that is too much to ask of anyone.

On the other hand, I will be happy to point you in the right direction so that you can start to teach yourself. IMO, The most accessible introduction to this subject is Taylor and Wheeler's Scouting Black Holes. You should obtain a copy as soon as possible and start reading it. We will be here to answer any specific questions you have.

Good luck!
  8. Dec 21, 2005 #7
    thanks alot at least i know i need to do more research...
  9. Dec 31, 2005 #8
    guys may i know any references or ways to get know more about schwarzschild associated worm hole in detail.. including its calculation
    thanks alot
  10. Jan 1, 2006 #9
  11. Jan 4, 2006 #10
    thanks alot man

well thanks to you cscott... ^_^ it teaches me alot...
    well can anyone explain what is the differences between mass and solar masses and earth masses?
  12. Jan 4, 2006 #11
    well a star with 2 solar masses has two times the mass of the sun...
    and a planet with 2 earth masses has... you get the point
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?