H of a toroidal coil with relative permeability

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
FUT7CAP
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Consider a toroidal coil of rectangular section of N turns, for every one of which circulates a stream I. The inner radius of the coil is a and b is the exterior and the height is h. The core of this coil is a material inhomogeneous in such a way that their magnetic permeability just depends on the angle theta in this way

[tex]\mu o=(1+k cos\theta)\mu[/tex]

vector magnetic field H ?

3089599148_90468b59e5_o.jpg


Please, can u solve this?? I can´t find the answer...

Thanks,
José
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, I know

H must be variable because [tex]\mu[/tex] is variable.

H=B/[tex]\mu[/tex]

So B is variable but B also depends of [tex]\mu[/tex] and r

For me B is:

B=([tex]\mu[/tex]*I*N)/(2[tex]\pi[/tex]r)

so

H= (I*N)/(2[tex]\pi[/tex]r)

This mean that H don't depend of the center material of toroid
 
Last edited:
Actually, for a toroid, B= (u0*ui*N*i)/(2PIr)*[ln(rb/ra)] which makes me think that H is really H= N*i/2PI(rb-ra)

I'm trying to figure this out too.