Solve Hamiltonian Problem: Have Ideas on q2=Acos(q2)+Bsin(q2)+C?

• Thread starter kamil600
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hamiltonian
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving proving a mathematical equation using a Hamiltonian and canonical transformation. The participants have tried solving it using Hamiltonian equations and working out partial derivatives, but have not been successful. The suggestion of using canonical transformation is given as a potential solution.
kamil600
Have you got any clues how to prove q2=Acos(q2)+Bsin(q2)+C using hamiltonian H =(1/2)*(p12 q14 + p22 q22 - 2aq1) , where a,A,B,C=const.
I've tried to solve hamiltonian eqations what let me to equations which I can't solved.
How you got any ideas solving this problem?

Physics news on Phys.org
You could try some canonical transformation of the variables.
This is just a tip, I didnt do any calculations.. :D

It might be good idea, but do you have any other clues how to solve it without canonical transformation?

Have you tried working out any partial derivatives of your hamiltonian?

Yes, I tried prove it using hamiltonian equations (which are partial derivatives of hamiltonian), but always it let me to equations which I can't solve. If the quickes way to prove it is canonical transformation maby someone can tell me how to prove this problem using it.

1. What is a Hamiltonian Problem?

A Hamiltonian Problem is a mathematical problem that involves finding the equations of motion for a physical system. It is named after the physicist and mathematician William Rowan Hamilton, who first developed the concept.

2. What is q2 in the Hamiltonian Problem?

In this specific Hamiltonian Problem, q2 is a variable that represents the position of a particle in a two-dimensional system. It is often used in physics and engineering to describe the location of an object in space.

3. How can I solve the Hamiltonian Problem?

To solve the Hamiltonian Problem, you can use a variety of mathematical techniques such as calculus, linear algebra, and differential equations. It is important to have a strong understanding of these concepts and how they relate to the specific problem at hand.

4. What is the significance of the equation q2=Acos(q2)+Bsin(q2)+C in the Hamiltonian Problem?

This equation is known as the Hamiltonian function or the Hamiltonian of the system. It represents the total energy of the system and is used to derive the equations of motion for the system.

5. Are there any real-world applications of the Hamiltonian Problem?

Yes, the Hamiltonian Problem has many real-world applications in various fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. It is commonly used to study the motion of particles, fluids, and other physical systems, as well as to optimize processes and make predictions about future behavior.