Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Handing over the keys to the A&C forum…

1. Dec 7, 2005 #1

Phobos

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You’ll soon notice another change in the mentor line up around here. Earlier this week I announced to the PF staff that I needed to resign as mentor. It’s a tough decision for me because I love these forums, which I’ve been mentoring since the beginning…through all those upgrades (kudos to Greg et al. on that) and my various forum assignments (let’s see…first I moderated the Physics forum, then the Religion & Philosophy forum, then the Other Sciences forum, and finally the Astronomy & Cosmology forum that I had always wanted and for which I am aptly user-named). But a ramp up in my real world demands means I have less and less time for mentor duties. I assume this has been noticeable to the A&C veterans lately. I’ll certainly continue to visit PF as a member whenever I can, but my free time will be in hibernation for the next few months. Anyway, I know PF and the A&C forums remain in good hands.

Greg, do I have to turn in my executive washroom keys too? I’ll just run down to the hardware store and make a quick copy first…

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2005 #2

Danger

Gold Member

You've done a great job, Phobos. We'll miss you. Best of luck in the real world, and stay in touch.

4. Dec 7, 2005 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

:cry: :cry: :cry: We'll miss you Phobos!!!!!!!

Hurry back! <snif> :cry:

5. Dec 7, 2005 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Phobos, you'll definitely be missed! I hope you aren't kept away from us too long.

You actually got the keys to the executive washroom? When you get back from the hardware store, why don't you just give those to me to take to Greg since you're so busy (as soon as I get back from the hardware store myself.) o:)

6. Dec 7, 2005 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Phobos has been a tremendous asset to the forums and he will be missed.

7. Dec 8, 2005 #6

SpaceTiger

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm sorry to see you go, Phobos, you're a great mentor. :frown:

8. Dec 8, 2005 #7

Lisa!

Gold Member

<So 1 of my favorite mentors wants to leave us! :frown:>

Wish you success! :smile:

9. Dec 8, 2005 #8

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Best of luck Phobos. As someone I work out with says from time to time "life happens."

I got one too. It was tied with a bow to a plunger though.

10. Dec 8, 2005 #9

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Best wishes Phobos, and do drop in when you have free time.

11. Dec 8, 2005 #10

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

All the best Phobos. And thanks for the continued effort to help raise PF from its birth, to what it has become today. I'm sure we all owe you a gratitude greater than we'll ever know just from our times here.

12. Dec 8, 2005 #11
    Thanks for your time and effort, you've done a really great job over the years. It won't be easy to fill your shoes.
    While I don't post much in the Astronomy threads, I read them everyday. Thank you for always keeping the barr raised to such a high quality.

13. Dec 9, 2005 #12

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Yeah, I read but don't post in A&C too; it's super.

Thank you, Phobos!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hope you enjoy whatever you're doing! :smile: (Well, as long as you're not skinning cats or anything of that sort.)

My two cents: If you guys are looking for another A&C mentor, I think SpaceTiger would be an excellent choice.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?