Happy April Fools Day, PF Come in and have some cake.

• Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about various topics, including eating lunch, exercising for six hours, posting a photo of someone without their permission, and being turned on by a photo. There were also mentions of a cake and a horror movie.
zoobyshoe
fat_lady_eating_cake.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
I was about to go eat lunch, thank you very much!

And happy birthday to you too.

*yarrrrrrrrrghh...yaaaaaarrrrrggggggh...waurrrrrrrrghaurrrrrrghhhh...

I suddenly have the urge to go exercise for six hours.

Bon apetit!

I thought you were just going to post my portrait - not the original photo!:mad:

Wow, what a babe :!)

ewww ewww ewww

Sexy time! High five.

Math Is Hard said:
I thought you were just going to post my portrait - not the original photo!:mad:

Whoops! That's right. You said not to do anything like this with the picture I took of you. Guess I'll have to post one of me to make up for it:

http://www.houseoffusion.com/users/images/fat_guy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire up your web cam, Zoob. I'm gettin' turned on.

Math Is Hard said:
Fire up your web cam, Zoob. I'm gettin' turned on.

Finally! I can't tell you what I've been doing with those pics of you going at that cake.

Oh God, I Was Eating!

I'm known as "the face that shipped a thousand lunches".

Math Is Hard said:
I'm known as "the face that shipped a thousand lunches".

When your phone rings and a voice says "Hey baby, whachoo eatin", you'll know it's me.

brewnog said:
Oh God, I Was Eating!

Just think of it as a scene from an altogether different horror movie named "Jaws".

God. I'm SO grossed out...

1. What is the history of April Fools Day?

The origins of April Fools Day are unclear, but it is believed to have started in the 16th century in France. It was originally called "Poisson d'Avril" or "April Fish" and involved pranking people by sticking paper fish on their backs. Over time, the tradition spread to other countries and evolved into a day of practical jokes and hoaxes.

2. Why is April Fools Day celebrated on April 1st?

There are a few theories as to why April 1st was chosen as the day for pranks and jokes. Some say it has to do with the changing of the seasons and the ancient Roman festival of Hilaria, which was celebrated on March 25th. Others believe it relates to the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in the 16th century, when the new year was moved from April 1st to January 1st. Those who continued to celebrate on April 1st were seen as fools.

3. How is April Fools Day celebrated around the world?

Different countries have their own unique traditions for April Fools Day. In France, people might try to stick paper fish on each other's backs. In the UK, newspapers often publish fake stories and hoaxes. In Italy, people play pranks on each other and shout "Pesce d'aprile!" (April Fish) when they are caught. In many countries, it is common to play small pranks on friends and family members.

4. Is there a limit to how far an April Fools Day prank can go?

While April Fools Day is meant to be a fun and harmless day of pranks, it is important to consider the feelings and well-being of others. It is never okay to hurt or embarrass someone with a prank or joke. It is also important to avoid any pranks that could cause physical harm or damage to property.

5. Why is it important to have a sense of humor on April Fools Day?

April Fools Day is a lighthearted and fun holiday that allows people to be silly and playful. Having a sense of humor on this day can help reduce stress and bring people together. It is also a reminder to not take ourselves too seriously and to embrace the joy and laughter in life.