Happy Earth Day 2017: Activities to Care for Our Home

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    2017 Earth
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
Messages
20,002
Reaction score
11,121
Time to think about what you can personally do to be a good steward of our home Earth. What activities are you doing today? I was hoping I could attend a sister science march in my city, but alas I have a wedding to attend. Instead this morning I will pick up trash I find in my community during my dog walk. I will also be planting some flowers. Oh and patching some holes in my lawn with white clover. It's good for the bees!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, OmCheeto and QuantumQuest
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Some other worthwhile things to do are:
- do take a walk
- don't mow the lawn, don't water the lawn
- don't do the wash and dry
- fast don't use the stove or microwave
- don't eat out
- don't drive anywhere
- don't turn on any electrical things, no TV, no radio, no computer, no internet...

I guess I'll just sit back and do nothing productive except read a book...
 
jedishrfu said:
Some other worthwhile things to do are: [...]
I did not know about Earth Day, so how did I do? Well...
- do take a walk - Completed
- don't mow the lawn, don't water the lawn - Completed
- don't do the wash and dry - Completed
- fast don't use the stove or microwave - Failed
- don't eat out - Failed
- don't drive anywhere - Completed
- don't turn on any electrical things, no TV, no radio, no computer, no internet... - Failed miserably.
4/7, maybe I'm getting there...