Happy Eid to PFers: Wishing You Joy and Unity!

  • Thread starter Thread starter lisab
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Unity
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 2K views
Physics news on Phys.org
I could've sworn you had a PF mentor label. Who is Eid anyways?
 
flyingpig said:
I could've sworn you had a PF mentor label. Who is Eid anyways?

It's the end of the ramaddan, the muslim fasting.

Happy Eid to everybody! :smile:
 
flyingpig said:
I could've sworn you had a PF mentor label. Who is Eid anyways?

No, that's just my green you're seeing :biggrin:.

The end of Ramadan is celebrated by a big feast, called Eid:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_ul-Fitr

In that article, on the right sidebar, you can see it goes by a lot of different names.
 
This is a bit late but Id Mubarak everyone!
 
We have neighbours from Egypt. She brought us some homemade Eid special cookies. We liked it. Happy Eid!