Happy Mother's Day to our PF Moms

• Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
In summary, PF Moms celebrate Mother's Day with things like baking, spending time with their children, and sending gifts. Moonbear is not a mother yet, and Spawn is recovering from an illness.
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2023 Award
:smile:

Happy Mother's Day to all our PF Moms.

Physics news on Phys.org
Happy Mother's Day!1111111

Who here is a mother? Evo is, but I can't think of any other regular that is :confused:

Astronuc said:

Happy Mother's Day to all our PF Moms.

You had me going then :uhh: . But then I realized, mother's day in the UK is in March and I did actually get my mum something, phew...:cool:

~H

A belated Happy Mother's Day to our UK Moms. :smile:

Oh, **** i am in trouble :mad:

I should read the thread properly, double Phew.

Last edited:
Happy day moms, geez, wasn't it a different day last year?

Why is it that Moms get boxes of chocolates and flowers, and Dads get a card if they are lucky ?

wolram said:
Why is it that Moms get boxes of chocolates and flowers, and Dads get a card if they are lucky ?

My mum got perfume off me :biggrin: , my dad got a bottle of JD :cool: . And wolrom, I dissappointed with you. I thought you were english? Whats with "moms"? :grumpy:

~H

Every year this throws me and I have a brief panic before realising it's not the UK one. You'd think I'd learn, but no... :uhh:

Hootenanny said:
My mum got perfume off me :biggrin: , my dad got a bottle of JD :cool: . And wolrom, I dissappointed with you. I thought you were english? Whats with "moms"? :grumpy:

~H

What is wrong with (moms) :confused: and why do i all ways get the grumpy
:confused:

wolram said:
I think it's got something to do with dads, aka husbands, aka . . . .

I am sometimes reminded of Bill Cosby's comment about his wife giving birth - "she stood up, grabbed his lower lip and pulled it up over his face, while exclaiming 'You did this to me!' . . . ."

wolram said:

You don't always get the grumpy off me :smile: . It's something of a pet hate of mine, I apologise. When people insist on using american pronunciations such as, aluminum and integral etc. (especially my mates because they know it winds me up!)

~H

Hootenanny said:
You don't always get the grumpy off me :smile: . It's something of a pet hate of mine, I apologise. When people insist on using american pronunciations such as, aluminum and integral etc. (especially my mates because they know it winds me up!)

~H

Oh, gotcha, them yanks do distort the English language some what :smile:
alU minum :rofl: :rofl:

mattmns said:
Who here is a mother? Evo is, but I can't think of any other regular that is :confused:
:bugeye:
How can I forget Moonbear?:devil:

Unless I missed it, Moonbear is not a mom yet.

Patty, hypatia, alexandra, adrenaline, and a few others are moms.

Meanwhile, I am supervising my son who is baking a cake for his mom. :smile:

Last edited:
Happy Mother's Day to all PF Moms and PFer's Moms!

Astronuc said:
Unless I missed it, Moonbear is not a mom yet.
I thought franzbear is Moonbear's child!:blushing:

Happy Mother's Day to all moms! :smile:

Happy future moms day Moon B.

Thanks all!

I've been invited to Spawn's place to make dinner for her and the Evo Child tonight. First I have to go shopping and buy what I'm going to cook. :rolleyes:

Happy Mother's day for all you mums out there.

Folks, take it from someone who knows : be happy that you can still celebrate this day, so get off your but and do something special for your mothers NOW! :biggrin:

I think that they should have a holiday for Godmothers as well...

Oh well. Happy Mother's Day, PF moms! :)

Happy momthers day!

I got an extra nuzzle from my 4-legged child this morning.

Evo said:
Thanks all!

I've been invited to Spawn's place to make dinner for her and the Evo Child tonight. First I have to go shopping and buy what I'm going to cook. :rolleyes:
Give our wishes to Spawn for a speedy recovery from her illness. I hope Evo child doesn't get it.

What to cook - hmmmm. Maybe chicken soup for Spawn.

A chicken curry over rice might be nice. :tongue2:

Keep it simple. After all it is Mother's Day. :rolleyes:

Math Is Hard said:
I got an extra nuzzle from my 4-legged child this morning.
That's right, you qualify as a mom! :approve:

And so does Tsu!

We've got to send an animal to Moonbear, I think she might like the JAWS OF DEATH. :biggrin:

Evo said:
That's right, you qualify as a mom! :approve:

And so does Tsu!

We've got to send an animal to Moonbear, I think she might like the JAWS OF DEATH. :biggrin:
Yes! Yes! Send her JAWS! Jaws could help her herd the sheep!:approve:

And pull her up that icy driveway in the winter!

Oh, and it's just me and Evo Child tonight, she's taking me to Hardee's for a burger. :!)

Happy Mothers Day moms!

Tsu is playing on the beach in San Diego, as was I this morning. :biggrin:

Wow Evo, I got a dinner at Hardee's last night too!

WTH is Hardee's?

Horendously awfull restaraunt down exit eleven.

yomamma said:
WTH is Hardee's?
It's similar to Carl's for those in CA and AZ. :biggrin:

Hardee's was owned by the Canadian company Imasco from 1981 to 1997. In 1997, the chain was acquired by CKE Restaurants, the parent company of West Coast-based Carl's Jr. fast-food restaurant chain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardees

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl's_Jr.

Way to derail a thread! :biggrin:

1. What is the significance of Mother's Day?

Mother's Day is a holiday that is celebrated to honor and appreciate mothers and mother figures for their love, sacrifices, and contributions to their families and society.

2. When is Mother's Day celebrated?

Mother's Day is typically celebrated on the second Sunday of May in most countries. However, some countries may celebrate it on different dates or months.

3. What are some common ways to celebrate Mother's Day?

Some common ways to celebrate Mother's Day include giving gifts, sending cards or flowers, cooking a special meal, spending quality time with one's mother, and expressing gratitude and love for her.

4. Can anyone celebrate Mother's Day, or is it only for biological mothers?

Mother's Day is a celebration for all mothers and mother figures, including biological mothers, stepmothers, adoptive mothers, grandmothers, and anyone who has played a motherly role in someone's life.

5. Are there any cultural or historical origins of Mother's Day?

The modern version of Mother's Day originated in the United States in the early 20th century, but the concept of honoring mothers has been a part of many cultures and religions throughout history. For example, ancient Greeks and Romans celebrated a mother goddess, and Christians have celebrated Mothering Sunday since the 16th century.