Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hard liquor, guns & the nuclear football

1. Sep 11, 2008 #1
    Of the pictures I have seen with the Palin family brandishing guns, the majority show hard liquor being drunk or having been consumed. Even the NRA would not condone anyone handling weapons while intoxicated. What does this say about the mindset of someone seeking to be entrusted with the power to exterminate all life on Earth?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 11, 2008 #2

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Drinking and shooting. Ahhh. yes.

Ask Harry Whittington about how much fun that is.

4. Sep 11, 2008 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You will need to provide at least a few example photos.

5. Sep 12, 2008 #4
    yeah, this I HAVE to see.

6. Sep 12, 2008 #5
    Bristol Palin (known in the media for being pregnant under-age) is shown to do most of the drinking, although it would take more investigation to find a legitimate drinking-while-gunning picture of her (to say nothing of her mother) from the Internet. I think it reasonable to assume that an alcoholic with a habit of shooting has done both simultaneously.

Here is a slanted short on her habitual use of alcohol, which I regret to report:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHKxvnY0gtI.

As a minor, she is her parents' responsibility. I agree that this situation is mostly the Palin family's business, but her mother needs to consider her own priorities.

Note: There seems to be some question as to the veracity of certain pictures showing "Sarah Palin" posing with a gun.

7. Sep 12, 2008 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That won't do. We are talking about Palin, not her daughter.

Locked pending further moderation.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?