Has this russian ufo clip been debunked yet?

• Thread starter Azael
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Russian
In summary: I already said it.In summary, a video of a supposed UFO sighting has been linked and discussed. Some believe it to be a hoax, while others find it to be impressive and one of the most striking videos of a UFO. The video contains claims about the object, but also raises questions about its authenticity and source. Ultimately, the burden of proof falls on those making extraordinary claims.
Okay, found it. This is the video that I was thinking of. Unfortunately it is not nearly as clear here as on my VHS copy. On tape, one can clearly see that the background object is saucer shaped... at least it sure seems clear enough. And like the first video, whatever it is, it looks completely real to me. The high quality video can be seen on the Best Evidence II show.

Note that I'm not saying that this is an alien spacecraft or proof of anything, I am saying that it stands out as a very interesting video and worthy of scrutiny. I have never seen the film analyzed or debunked, nor do I know where it came from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
From what I see, that could not be a Mig 21 cockpit here is why:

The video was taken from a cockpit where there is plenty of room behind the ejection seat (clearly not a trait of the Mig 21). Also, the 2 pitot tubes on the ejector seat indicate that it is an Aces II ejector seat which is used on American built fighter aircraft.

I conclude that the video is a hoax.

You are referring to the first video, and if you read the thread you will see that we already know about the seat.

Something else: That does not explain what the object is in the video. It still might be worth checking to see if the size of the object can be determined. It's probably just a smart missile...

In the video posted just above, the object of interest does not appear to be a standard craft or a missile.

Last edited:
Geez, this is obvious bunk. The 'object' appears to move uniformly with the jet rather than with the clouds behind it. The rough camera quality makes it hard to tell what it really is but, it looks to me like a pen cap stuck on the tip of a long skinny wire- made invisible by the poor camera quality. The front pilot is holding the 'pen cap' against the inside of the canopy while the rear pilot shoots the bunk video- probably coaching the front pilot no how to move.

I think there is a frame or two in the video in which, as the jet turns, you can just bearly see a dull reflection off of that wire.

Last edited: