Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Have any of you ever had a man-crush?

1. Nov 10, 2011 #1

Dembadon

Gold Member

I have one on my Linear Algebra professor. And just for clarity, here's how I'm defining it so this doesn't get weird:
    I haven't met very many brilliant mathematicians who are funny, socially appropriate, relatable, excellent teachers, have excellent board organization, socially perceptive, ... the list goes on.

Have any of you had a man-crush before?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2011 #2
    I have plenty of man crushes:

- Dave from PF
    - My Chem prof
    - Substitute Bio prof
    - Arsene Wenger
    - English teacher from h.s.

too many to list

4. Nov 10, 2011 #3

chiro

Science Advisor

I don't "idolize" anyone, but I highly admire twofish-quant: his advice is always pleasant to read.

I think everyone here though has something of value to say in some way: I've found the depth of topics and conversations on here to be rather high.

5. Nov 11, 2011 #4
    Thanks. My posts stir intellectually stimulating discussions.

6. Nov 11, 2011 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

That super smart guy on Criminal Minds.

It's true.

7. Nov 11, 2011 #6

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

I can't say that I have. I have yet to find anyone I "idolize".

8. Nov 11, 2011 #7
    I have man-crushes all the time!!! but I am not a man... lol.
    Yeah I think it is normal to look up to people you admire to the extent of wanting to be like them and be them and be with them. I had a girl-crush in high school. there was this one girl who I thought was AMAZING!!! and I wanted to be her friend so much but it was difficult cos we had nothing in common and had different groups of friends who didnt mix. But anyway, it made me question my sexuality nevertheless! But it was just cos I wanted to be her so much, not that I found her romantically attractive.

9. Nov 11, 2011 #8
    Dammit!! I still want to be her friend!!! its gonna be one of those ' the girl you never had but dream about all your life and imagine how amazing your life would have been if you had been together and keep it all a secret until you let it out on your deathbed ' kind of thing.

10. Nov 12, 2011 #9
    Yeah. I know what you mean. I always wanted to meat the pop-o-matic girl from the TV ad.
    Race your men around the track, try to send the others back, look out sis here comes Jack, Pop the 6 and he moves back. Its pop-o-matic.
    But I never became a TV star. so sad.

11. Nov 12, 2011 #10
    Are you talking about the character "Spencer Reid"?

12. Nov 13, 2011 #11
    MacGyver. :!!)

macgyver2.jpg

13. Nov 13, 2011 #12

DaveC426913

Gold Member

...or a public forum on the internet in front a quarter million people... :wink:

14. Nov 13, 2011 #13
    so dreamy.. no homo

Cristiano-Ronaldo-5.jpg

15. Nov 13, 2011 #14

I like Serena

Homework Helper

Dave! You made a typo in front of a quarter million people! What will they think!

16. Nov 13, 2011 #15
    I have a SERIOUS man crush on Prof. Brian Cox.

briancox.jpg

17. Nov 13, 2011 #16
    Greg House.

18. Nov 17, 2011 #17
    I kinda fancy James Maslow and Beau Mirchoff.

19. Nov 17, 2011 #18

Pengwuino

Gold Member

What a hottie :!!)

20. Nov 17, 2011 #19
    A professor I had in an intro to Control Engineering.

This man breaths math and circuits! He talks so fast and so precise, I think he reaches the theoretical limit of how much information a human can convey to another!

21. Jan 18, 2012 #20
    Hey Nucleargirl, I think there is something in what you said about admiring stuff in other people and that can cause a crush.

I had a crush on a man and thinking about it, I admired him for what he knew in the subject area that I also find fascinating. I think back to the boyfriends I had that I really fell in love with and they all had a passion for some of the subjects that I too find fascinating (Music, Geology, Physics and Astronomy).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook