Have avatars been disabled?

• Thread starter gulfcoastfella
  • Start date
In summary, avatars may have been disabled for a variety of reasons, such as technical issues, updates to the platform, or violations of community guidelines. The timeline for when they will be enabled again depends on the reason for their disablement. If it is due to technical issues, they may be re-enabled once the issues are resolved. If it is due to updates or policy violations, it may take longer. It is likely that existing avatars will also be affected, but it is best to check with the platform for specific information. In most cases, avatar data will not be permanently lost, but it is recommended to back up important data. The impact on individual accounts will vary depending on the platform and reason for disablement.
gulfcoastfella
Gold Member
I've got an old avatar uploaded to my control panel. It used to display in my forum posts, put now it doesn't. I looked for a button to replace the avatar with a newer one, and I looked for settings to control avatar visibility, but I can't find any of this.

Physics news on Phys.org
Never mind, my subscription had apparently lapsed. :blushing:

Nice to see it unlapsed now :smile:.

I love the gold look. And the green wings too.

1. Why have avatars been disabled?

Avatars may have been disabled for a variety of reasons, including technical issues, updates to the platform, or violations of community guidelines.

2. When will avatars be enabled again?

The timeline for when avatars will be enabled again depends on the reason for their disablement. If it is due to technical issues, they may be re-enabled as soon as the issues are resolved. If it is due to updates or policy violations, it may take longer for the necessary changes to be made.

3. Can I still use my existing avatar?

If avatars have been disabled, it is likely that existing avatars will also be affected. However, it is best to check with the platform or community guidelines for specific information.

4. Will my avatar data be lost during this disablement?

In most cases, avatar data will not be permanently lost during a disablement. However, it is always a good idea to back up any important data, just in case.

5. How will the disablement of avatars affect my account?

The impact on individual accounts will vary depending on the platform and the reason for the disablement. In some cases, avatars may be the only feature affected, while in others, the entire account may be affected. It is best to check with the platform for specific information.