Heat of solution for sulfuric acid in water

  • Thread starter Thread starter michristina
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Acid Heat Water
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 12K views
michristina
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



How can I calculate the enthalpy of solution for sulfuric acid at 30°C/68°F, for 0,2;0,5;1 mol/kg?

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


I tried using a enthalpy-concentration diagram, but I cannot read it. I would apreciate if anyone could help me!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
what is this diagram you have? what data are you provided with?
 
This one: http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&q=cache:sexRAoFSlI4J:www.norfalco.com/documents/NorFalco_H2SO4Property07.pdf+calculate+enthalpy+sulfuric+acid&hl=en&gl=br

The only data I got is the concentration of the solution H2SO4 and water. I needed to find the theoretical enthalpy of solution for this reaction, to compare with the results I got from the experiment.
 
Last edited by a moderator: