Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Heiseinbeg's Uncertainty Priciple and Schrodinger's eqt

1. Apr 17, 2012 #1
    Can somebody please explain the basis for the Heiseinberg's Uncertainty Principle and the Schrodinger's Theory or me?
    I m confused with the movement of electron in the orbitals and i think these 2 theories are the key.
    Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 17, 2012 #2
    You're right that you need quantum mechanics to really understand the structure of atoms. The upshot is that the picture we have of an electron flying in a nice trajectory around the nucleus just doesn't correspond to how nature actually works at these scales.
    Explaining this to you, from the beginning, would involve writing at least a good set of lecture notes. I don't know of a particularly good introductory set; maybe try http://walet.phy.umist.ac.uk/QM/QM.pdf [Broken] .

If you get stuck on any particular points, or if you have any more specific questions, let us know!

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  4. Apr 25, 2012 #3
    Thanks very much.Indeed i still do not have strong base on quantum mechanics! Will ask you question soon !

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook