Hello~ i have some questions about going to college><

In summary: If you want to become an architect, you will need to get a degree in architecture. A BA/BS will typically take 4 years to complete, while a MA/MS takes 2 more years after that. A PhD takes 3 or more years to complete. If your parents have a degree in architecture, that is not automatically a qualification to become an architect, but it will help you out a lot. Changing your major is common among college students, and most people eventually settle on a career path. If you are unsure about what you want to do, getting some experience designing and drawing is a good idea. You will also need to be certified to become a professional architect. A lot of schools offer certification programs. Once you have a degree
jjuugg
I'm a high school junior right now( yeah! almost to become a senior).

and, I want to be an architect, yet I'm not sure which kind of architect though..

So i have questions about master degrees and etc.

I've been researching for colleges and I wasn't sure what those mean,

Ph degree , BA, and others. What are those?

My parents both graduated from colleges, but in a different country.

So I have no idea. T.T

What degree(? perhaps?) do i need to achieve to be an official architect??

also, am I considered to be a first generation for college? Since, none of my family

member sgraduated from U.S. college?

Also, i have a subjective(?) question.>< I heard most of the college students change

their major during their college year. Is that true?

I can't think of myself pursuing another profession other than being an architect><

Anywayz, thank you for reading my questions><

Physics news on Phys.org
I know nothing about architecture, but I can answer some of your other questions.

BA/BS (Bachelors of Arts/Sciences): 4 year degree (generally)
MA/MS (Masters of Arts/Sciences): Typically takes 2 more years after you have your BA/BS
PhD (Doctorate): Usually takes another 3 or more years after your Masters

If your parents went to college, then I wouldn't consider you "first generation" college.

As for changing your major, I believe it is true that most people do change their major (I changed mine 2 or 3 times). Don't worry about it though, once you start taking more classes you will have a better idea of what you want to do (and if you want to pursue architecture more).

Some simple advice. If you plan to be an architect, get some experience drawing and designing before college. Also, be aware that you need to be certified to become a professional architect, so make sure whatever school you go to will help you in your goal.

Also, if you plan to become a top architect, you should plan on a masters degree.

I still have one year left to finish high school, and I want to start as soon as possible college, of course with a scholarship, so I think I should harry on doing all the paper work and start doing all the exams and other things required, but the thing is that I haven’t found everything I need to know, like where can I do this exams, or where can I get everything that is needed, and the most important thing when should I apply for a visa.

- how many colleges or universities should I apply?

- what kind of visa should I ask for if I want to work there?

- how many grades of the secondary school should I take?
- in the US high school are 4 years: 9, 10, 11 ,12
and In Colombia it would be since 6 til 11 but I am not sure ´cuz last year I graduated from 9 grade as basic middle secondary student or something like that. and now I am doing 10 and next year 11 grade so I do not know if this two years are Colombian´s high school and from 6 til 9 is junior?

- what should I do to be a citizen or to be allowed to leave and return to the country the times I want to and my visa doesn’t get expired.

1. What are the benefits of going to college?

Going to college can provide numerous benefits such as expanding your knowledge and skills, building a professional network, and increasing your earning potential.

2. How do I choose the right college for me?

Choosing the right college involves researching and considering factors such as location, cost, academic programs, campus culture, and student support services.

3. What are the requirements for applying to college?

The requirements for applying to college vary depending on the institution, but generally include submitting an application, high school transcripts, standardized test scores, and letters of recommendation.

4. Is it worth going to college if I'm not sure what I want to study?

Attending college can still be beneficial even if you are undecided about your major. It allows you to explore different subjects and career paths, and many colleges offer resources for students to help them choose a major.

5. How can I pay for college?

There are various ways to pay for college such as scholarships, grants, student loans, and work-study programs. It's important to research and apply for financial aid opportunities to help cover the cost of tuition and other expenses.