Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help me decide on a name for my physics project!

1. Nov 18, 2009 #1
    Hi everyone.

I've been working on 'n physics project, but cant decide on a proper name for it. I decide to combine one weird word with another word I already have. Unfortunately I cannot decide on the weird word! Could you please complete the following poll? It would only take a few seconds. Oh, and the project is about ion thrusters. Thanks!

http://bit.ly/projectname

Kind regards,
    Lourie

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2009 #2
    They are all equally meaningless. How are we supposed to decide?

4. Nov 18, 2009 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Jimmy is a nice name.

5. Nov 18, 2009 #4
    I would think that the Germans, French and Slowaks would be very disappointed to hear that their words are meaningless.

Maybe "Prowacona"

(project with a cool name)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  6. Nov 18, 2009 #5
    It was my idea to let them sound meaningless, but they all actually mean bending or diffraction in a few different languages. I just want to know which one would sound the coolest.

7. Nov 18, 2009 #6
    Sorry, never heard of them. :tongue2:

8. Nov 18, 2009 #7

turbo

Gold Member

It sure is! If the people at the dog pound hadn't been calling my rescue dog "Duke" for all summer long, Jimmy would have been in the running. :tongue:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook