1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help me understand interference and diffraction better

1. Aug 2, 2011 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I've been reading a book about waves. I skipped the test earlier this year because I had not done any problems and thought it would be a waste of time to try. But now I kind of have to do it, I've re-read the book but it's much to understand and remember.
    Especially the part about diffraction, it's not explained well enough. I'm not sure I even understand how exactly it happens (diffraction). Interference is more obvious, I understand the intuition. But when it comes to actually calculating I get stuck easily.

What I'm asking is if someone has a good resource that explains the phenomena and also how to do calculations. Not too much text would be good as well, already read the book and just need something to help me practically with solving problems.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 2, 2011 #2

kuruman

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook